Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Jig bodies-skirted or plain?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jig bodies-skirted or plain?

What does everyone consider the best plastic jig body? The skirted ones? Or no skirt? I'm needing some, and not sure what I should get, or the best color. I use 1/64 and 1/80th Thanks.. Also a place to purchase. Not Bob's Jigs right now.

Proud Member Of Team Geezer
    Member: Michigan Chapter of Team Overalls

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Crappie1 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie 1 View Post
    What does everyone consider the best plastic jig body? The skirted ones? Or no skirt? I'm needing some, and not sure what I should get, or the best color. I use 1/64 and 1/80th Thanks.. Also a place to purchase. Not Bob's Jigs right now.
    I use "all the above" :p .... but I prefer solid body plastics

Skirted jig bodies (tubes) ... I prefer the solid body type, over the hollow tubes. My best color in that type of body is green/char. I mainly use the CrappiePro solid body tubes.
    Hollow body tubes ... if/when I use them - best color is Elec Blue/char.
    Minnow/Shad shaped bodies - Panfish Assassins & Bobby Garland Baby Shad - best color PA has been "Albino Shad" ... (don't know, yet, on the BGBS, since I haven't had a chance to use them :D )

I am using these plastics on a 1/32 & 1/16oz jighead. But, if I was using those tiny jigheads of yours ... I'd probably use mostly Panfish Assassins Hands Clapping

... cp
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 04-26-2011 at 08:02 AM.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I still get all my plastics from Bob's Jigs because he is the best at what he does. His brother is very ill right now and he must deal with that first.

I do like moving tails or tube like tails on my baits. That subtle movement is a great attracting and triggering feature. I catch more with skirt like material threaded through Bob's Jilly Jelly body baits too.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer mid-south tackle super jigs...but they are too big for those tiny jigs you use. I rarely use anything smaller than a 1/16th. Grizzly jig has everything a crappie fisherman needs.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

no problem making them either way. As you probably know I come out with a solid body that is awesome looking so it doesn't matter on if you want hollow or solid but only in the inch and a half size. Unfortunately, we are having problems is everybody knows and I haven't got everything listed yet. So we definitely will be up for running in the future. There are many other guys that make solid bodies or should I say companies and I'm sure that you will find what you're looking for . Please note that my solid plastic skirts are one-of-a-kind. Is this was a custom made mold I believe that we have posted some pictures of the skirt.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by snake River View Post
    no problem making them either way. As you probably know I come out with a solid body that is awesome looking so it doesn't matter on if you want hollow or solid but only in the inch and a half size. Unfortunately, we are having problems is everybody knows and I haven't got everything listed yet. So we definitely will be up for running in the future. There are many other guys that make solid bodies or should I say companies and I'm sure that you will find what you're looking for . Please note that my solid plastic skirts are one-of-a-kind. Is this was a custom made mold I believe that we have posted some pictures of the skirt.
    Bob, I knew your Brother was ill. I had an order in but you couldn't fill it right now. Thanks for sending my check back, and thanks for the icicle samples. As soon as your making them again, I want to re-order my stuff. Thanks...Larry.(Crappie 1

Proud Member Of Team Geezer
    Member: Michigan Chapter of Team Overalls