Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Disco 119, kayak seat mod.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disco 119, kayak seat mod.

Well after a 6 hr float on the factory seat I have come to the conclusion that it sucks! So I decided to make some changes, I decided to use an existing kayak seat I had due to weight issues. The bass boat seats look to be a little bulky for me and the memory foam in this seat fells so good on the long trips. I started by leaving the original seat bracket in its original location because I keep most of my gear in front of me and it should balance out the load. I started the seat by using a piece of 1/4 in sheet PVC I had around.

I needed to support the bottom of the seat and figured I use some 1/2 in emt. I hammered the ends down so I could drill the hole for the bolt to go thru

The seat has a little flex but nothing to worry about hopefully. I contured the front to match the kayak seat.

The bracket that came with the canoe worked out perfectly because of the holes in the front were in the right spot for the seat to clip to. The back straps I had to take the clips off and lace it thru the cross piece but it turned out to be perfect. Hope this helps someone looking to modify their canoe without using a stadium or bass boat seat.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks really nice.
    If vegetable oil is made from vegetables, what's baby oil made from?

Post Thanks / Like

looks great!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job! I have a Pack with the Angler's seat, and would like to add some foam like you have. Have you considered lowering the seat height any?

Post Thanks / Like

Wanted to raise it up because its alot easier to stand up and sit back down and it helps when sight fishing. Takes away from stability but is also easier on the back with my knees below the waist.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice. Looks quite comfortable. Great job.
    It is not about the equipment you have to use,
    It is about how you use the equipment you have. :D

Post Thanks / Like

If I had a canoe I would like a seat like that. Good job.
    Mike Barnett

Post Thanks / Like

nice job. i have a pack with the anglers seat. had a friend who upholsters make a custom seat pad. now my butt cracks a smile every time i sit in it.