Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New guy needs advice on Rods

Post Thanks / Like

Default New guy needs advice on Rods

Hello everybody. I have used a rod from St Clair for years. It was first called a DLX 102 but changed later to St. Clair GOLD. This was a great 10' rod with a foam handle, slip ring seat, extremely light but still had good backbone and cheap too. Last year they changed the blank and totally messed it up by making it too heavy. Does anybody know what I'm talkin about or where I can find any old model DLX's or even a rod that's similar? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know where you are located.....but for a 10 ft rod, I like Richard Williams rods. They offer a good combination of being light enough to detect a strike with enough backbone to hoist em in. You can contact him at [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

CROPEE7, I have the same rod and love them.They used to be called Falcon's before St.Clair.Any way you should give the Richard Williams 10 Foot Foam Handle Crappie Pole a try.They're the only one I found to being close to the same (nice rod) with the handle being the only difference,a fixed reel set. Here's a couple links for you. Richard Williams 10 Foot Foam Handle Crappie Pole http://www.crappiewizard.com/page/page/2485347.htm
    :D Give a man a crappie you feed him for a day...teach a man to fish for crappie and get rid of him for the weekend!!!

Post Thanks / Like

As I have posted many times the Richard Williams Crappie Wizard Rods are the best I've ever used, give one a try.