Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Easter Crappies

Post Thanks / Like

Default Easter Crappies

So, the rain let up Easter afternoon, and after all the family had left for the day, I decided to make my first outing to the local pond for the year. Only had about an hour of daylight to fish, but managed to catch 12 crappy, 8 were keepers (>10" is my self imposed minimum length).

No rain and no wind!!!!

The water was high and muddy from all the rain (9 days with rain in a row).
    Water temp was 52, and I was getting fish in 4-5 FOW.

Nothing spectacular, but it felt great to be on the water and feel the thump of a crappy grabbing my jig.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joejv4 View Post
    So, the rain let up Easter afternoon, and after all the family had left for the day, I decided to make my first outing to the local pond for the year. Only had about an hour of daylight to fish, but managed to catch 12 crappy, 8 were keepers (>10" is my self imposed minimum length).

No rain and no wind!!!!

The water was high and muddy from all the rain (9 days with rain in a row).
    Water temp was 52, and I was getting fish in 4-5 FOW.

Nothing spectacular, but it felt great to be on the water and feel the thump of a crappy grabbing my jig.
    Sounds like you had fun

I also made a trip to the lake. First time since last November. I had to place registration stickers on my and my dad (now mine) boats. Totally forgot about it until my wife mentioned it to me yesterday morning. Weather was GREAT!!!!! I mean really nice. Like you mentioned, no rain & hardly any wind. Only managed to fish bout 2 hours - if that long. I didn't get to fish my favorite areas, but fished where I've caught a few before. As predicted from all the rain, water clarity was bad. Perhaps 1-2 feet. I left trolling motor & fish finder home i.e. was rushing to get out the house, so it wasn't too bad of an idea to get some exercise by rowing.

I managed to catch 4 bass (I was fishing for Crappie) using red/char garland 2" slab slayr. Boy did it feel good feeling the fish bite and reeling it in!!!

Cried a lot as this is only my 2nd time out since my Dad passed last October. Talked to myself nearly the entire time. Kept looking for him come out on the water.

Post Thanks / Like

glad to here you guys are getting out, i am on vacation the first week in may so i will be hitting it hard that week.