Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Clear Creek Park camping trip

Post Thanks / Like

Default Clear Creek Park camping trip

My wife and I took the motorhome camping this weekend and had a great time. I got to fish Friday and Saturday. I met Strip from C.c and he gave me some pointers on where to fish. The weather was wild and the water was muddy but I still caught enough for a fish fry for family and friends and brought home two bags of fish. I caught 19 keeper crappie and 5 catfish. I developed a new method of fishing from my kayak that I think may become very effective. I spider rigged part of the time and jigged part of the time Saturday and both were equally sucessful. Sunday I combined the two. I set out 3 poles spider rigging and when I would approach a fallen tree I would pick up the closest pole to the topand jig the treetopwhile the other two poles were fishing the edge. I found this to be very effective. I caught several doubles. Once I hung a catfish on my hand pole and as I was trying to land him another catfish hit one of the poles in a holder and boy it was on. The second catfish was big enough he almost broke my pole as he ran under the kayak. I landed them both and would have loved to had it on video. I probably could have won Americas funniest home videos. Here is a picture I took of camp as the fog rolling in one evening.
    Name:  clear creek park 031.jpg
Views: 609
Size:  38.3 KB
    Mike Barnett
    Likes Jamesdean LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds like a great time you had. Nice picture.
    It is not about the equipment you have to use,
    It is about how you use the equipment you have. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. nice picture. I love it when the lake is like glass. I need to get out myself.
    If vegetable oil is made from vegetables, what's baby oil made from?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes between storms it would get like that. It makes for great pictures and this is very unusual this time of year.
    Mike Barnett

Post Thanks / Like

Awww, makes me wish I was out fishing today!