Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Cold, windy day at the Glen

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cold, windy day at the Glen

I think we were the 5th rig in the marina lot, which was full when we left at 1:30pm. Lotsa moving around by the crowd today, us kinda included. We saw Chatt sometime mid-morning with his clients, looks like a half-dayer for Chatt. He came back out looking lonesome noonish, and set up camp off a point last we saw (I promise). Funny day, some crappies shallow, some off the breaks on points into the wind for us. And yes you guessed it, I was fishing my favorite big rig, tandem of course because of the wind. Pretty mediocre for the eyes today, lotsa work interrupted by the crappies which seemed to be going deeper today, but they're there and some nice ones too. A few wipers in the mix, bout lost my drag rod to one of them on the point Chatt ended up on. We had to saddle up to find good numbers of crappie today, they were better on the windy side. There's been so much North wind this year that all of the lakes I fish are warmer on the South side, and the fishes are taking advantage of it. More of them are shallower on the warmer side, which was around 55*, 2* warmer than the sun struck North side. We weren't there for meat, so we only kept 137. (just kidding) One of my guys only wanted 5 for his families dinner. Dang that must be nice! I truly dislike weekends!! But everyone was happy at a very successful day. Place looks to be a madhouse when they really get going, probably more so than last year. Us Kansans were diffinently the minority today, go figure. Sorry, no pictures, you'll just have to find out for yourself @ $3.65/gallon today and rising. Hope you all tear 'em up!::rolleyes:
    All lakes raise a foot when I step in the boat

Post Thanks / Like

What is the big rig? You talking about bigger tubes? If you dont mind explaining that would be great.

Post Thanks / Like

Why it's a fluke of course! Slab snatching and walleye whacking, better get yourself some.
    All lakes raise a foot when I step in the boat

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the report doc guess i am smart stayin east nobody reportin around here much?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wind blew a pattern

Suspended over 19ft, 12 ft down was de best Thumbs Up. Found it Friday as the gust sent us sailin a few times. K-riggs & jigs down 18ft came up & wham!!! There was also a shallow pattern around the marina dock wind break. Saturday as crappiedoc said,, it was brutal for a while & clients didn't dress well. I showed mercy & took them in as the bite sucked. Came back out to find Frank & his dad working Thumbs Up the suspended pattern. It was HOT compared to what I was trying. Several double pole hookupsHands ClappingHands Clapping fishing close to da bottom in 19ft, with those around 10 to 11inchers . Bring the baits up to 10 to 12 ft,,,, bigguns. Here's a couple of Franks Friday fish. <*)}}}><
    Last edited by Crappie Chatt; 04-24-2011 at 03:20 PM.
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chattster and Frank save the day!

After 5 hrs. of cold,wind, and a few dinks, we swallow our pride w/Frank and Chatt giving us spot on info. I hope to return the favor someday! Managed over 30 in an hr. and kept 10 to smell up the pan. Much appreciated fellas! Can't even give Frank a tank of crap for buying out all the minners at the bait shop after that.

Post Thanks / Like

That's weird....I don't remember Frank being that ugly when I saw him at camp last summer

Post Thanks / Like

Hanging around Chatt has that effect.