Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Shooting docks from SOT's and canoes?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shooting docks from SOT's and canoes?

Just wondering how is shooting docks from these? I see many post about tree top and trolling. Anyone shooting docks?

Post Thanks / Like

I shoot docks regularly once the specks move out after the spawn. A great tactic to use from these types of watercraft. Whereas skipping can be tough from kayaks, canoes, etc, due to sitting so low and having the hull/body of the craft right next to you, shooting docks and overhanging trees is very easy. Nothing to interfere with trying to cast a low swinging cast as you might when skipping. just pull up in front of the dock sitting perpendicular to the end or side of the dock to which you want to shoot you lure. Pull it back and let er go. I use shooting for lures from 1/80oz up to 1/32 and it works. Works great all summer for me.
    It is not about the equipment you have to use,
    It is about how you use the equipment you have. :D

Post Thanks / Like

I find skipping easier the closer I sit to the water. I use a side arm motion.

Yes shooting docks is great from small craft.

Post Thanks / Like

Because these are basically very quiet, light weight, low impact, craft, sneaking up to docks is a real easy.
    If vegetable oil is made from vegetables, what's baby oil made from?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kb2112 View Post
    because these are basically very quiet, light weight, low impact, craft, sneaking up to docks is a real easy.
    x2 !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kb2112 View Post
    Because these are basically very quiet, light weight, low impact, craft, sneaking up to docks is a real easy.

x3..It is one of my favorite bass tournament techniques. I can slip right up in front of the docks without spooking most of the bass. While guys in the bass boats usually have to stay out a bit I can sit just a foot or two in front of the dock and really see what is going on under there. I regularly fish against 12 - 18 bass boats, using the stealth of my kayak to put me in the money on a fairly regular basis.
    Works great for catching slab crappie when there is a lot of boat traffic on the lake. I just find the docks that are not being used and shoot the heck out of them.
    It is not about the equipment you have to use,
    It is about how you use the equipment you have. :D

Post Thanks / Like

I rarely fish docks, usually just throw a jig in there as I'm passing by. Maybe I need to pay more attention to them and fish them a little harder.
    Mike Barnett