Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: crappie spawning?

stang93 Guest

Default crappie spawning?

I got a stupid question to ask you guys. How long do crappie spawn? One week? two? more? I ask because im going to reelfoot april 6 and im hoping to hit it just right thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up what is a "spawn"

All of the above:D That is the million dollar question man. It just depends on weather, locations, water temp, moon phases, which way the birds are flying, if the dogwoods have bloomed, if you have relatives visiting, the ol' lady's monthly timing, etc... Really I have fished for three weeks during the spawn and caught females with little to no eggs and females bustin out with eggs throughout those three weeks. Just depends on all the factors mentioned above:D Hopefully someone on here can tell ya, instead of some ol' boy full of piss-n-vinegar -rascal
    "She's A Bute Clark"

Post Thanks / Like

Between 1 and 3 weeks in these here parts , depending on weather conditions.

Post Thanks / Like

Great question my Grandfather always told me it is about the weather...As Uncle Bob stated.... Good luck I hope to see more info on this...
    "May Your Fishing Dreams Come True"

Fish Detective

Post Thanks / Like

They spawn when I'm not able to be on the water.
    But I have seen them here last a month. If the water drops on them. They will hold off and spawn a little later.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

I Too have seen the Spawn here last nearly a month.All of the mentioned above factor in-Weather,Water Temp.,Location,Ect. . Since they dont all spawn togeather its possible like Pete said to catch some Females full of Eggs-while others are empty.
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

I think it depends a lot on where you are. Seems to me here in north Idaho it can start and stop again with a cold snap.