Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Twain, 4/22

Post Thanks / Like

Default Twain, 4/22

wow! what an eventful day on the lake! pulled up to the junction about 7:30, it had poured most of the way up there, but I'm still game.
    so we decided to put in at middlefork so we would be fishing fairly close the ramp, due to the iffy weather. we werent fishing for 5 minutes when it started hailing! "well, this sucks. lets go to the truck for awhile!" when that storm let up some we went for round 2. found some good fish near the banks and had half a limit in a short time. then more rain and lightning, which we fished through. good times. after the weather broke we ended up catching our limits of good 10-13 inchers. mostly males on the banks and a few girlies that were 10 ft down along steep banks and points.
    water in M.F. was pretty decient, considering all the rain, and 58 degrees. thats probably all changed now, though.
    then, on the way home, between 70 and herman, more hail. this time it was serious with some baseball sized chunks. and then the wife calls and says there is a tornado between rhinland and hwy 19. guess where we were right then? the wind was swirling and leaves were blowing and limbs were falling and it was still hailing.... dang! good times! I probably won't forget this trip for awhile. nor will I learn my lesson! can't wait to do it all again!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish and good read on the report. Glad you made it home ok.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you made it home OK! There's no fish in the world worth fishing in lightening as far as I'm concerned, just a BIG lightening rod when you're on the water with that rod in your hand! Glad you caught some fish!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you made it home ok but I think the lightning would have made me call it a day.

Post Thanks / Like

Yo better man than me. Lightning is no-no for me. Thanks for the good report, glad you caught some.
    Hope to get down next week end to try it for a few days.

Post Thanks / Like

I appreciate all your concerns, lord knows I'm not the sharpest knife in the kitchen! but most of that lightning was fairly distant. there were a couple of rumbles of thunder that made me think twice, but we were way back in a cove and I felt safer there than if we were to run across the open lake. and the fish were biting lol! it's hard to leave good fishin!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you made it home okay
    Congrats on the fish

Post Thanks / Like

way to go south point sounds like quite an interesting trip, you did get a good day of fishing in though. i've been wanting to go to twain but haven't made it yet this spring. with the gas prices i've just been fishing closer to home at labelle lake and sever lake, maybe i can get to twain next weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

You people that like to fish during storms may want to read this!

NWS Lightning Safety Outdoors

Post Thanks / Like

BarryG very good read. Thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast