Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crankbait colors

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crankbait colors

Going to start pulling cranks this year for the first time. If you guys had to choose your top 5 colors for sunny days and top 5 for cloudy days what colors would you go with. I'm looking at going with the bandit series cranks. Thanks in advance for the help.

Post Thanks / Like

Early in the mornings before the sun gets into the water it seems like darker colors work good. Solid black, fire tiger (Bandit color). I go with bright colors in the sunlight like chrome, pink or orange. I airbrush crankbaits for crappie and use a lot of the fluorescent colors.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    ScottV's Custom Crappie Cranks
    Crankbait Pushing Weights

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Just experiement,,it won't take long to find out what they will hit,,in 60 degree water at Patoka Res last sunday,,I trolled Mad Cow,,Salad, Chrome with Blue back and black back,,Pearl with chartruese back and touch of flo orange on belly, and all in muddy to stained water,,and they pounded it,,Pink didn't get a hit,,you will know what they are hitting when you put them out, just have a variety of colors and selections as well as I switched to 100 series near 9-10ft week beds, along submerged timber lines next to creek channel in 18-20ft of water switched to 200 series, farther out,,changed to 300 series,,here in Indiana, we are only allowed 3 rods out per person,,and several times I had doubles on,,even tho majority were dinks in cold water (pre spawn time here) I culled some good keepers and had a blast. Using 10' trolling rods with line counter reels and about 50-80 ft of line out,,Bandits rock! But, I used other cranks as well and caught fish on them. Mississippi boys have this down to a science. Read their post on their state site, Crankbaits 101.

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    authorized by: Billbob and "G"

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Times 2 on crank bait 101. You will learn more than you ever wanted to know about pulling cranks LoL
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys! I started reading on the MS board and they definately have a lot of info there. Looks like the pocket is going to be a little lighter after buying all the colors I need/want.

Post Thanks / Like

Pank all the way!
    From the ARK-LA-MISS Delta....... Crappie Paradise ! ! ! !

Post Thanks / Like

Your gonna need 5 or 6 of whatever you deem the best colors for your area. Once you find a pattern they really like, you need to be prepared to exploit it.
    Stick yo jig in there!

Post Thanks / Like

I think I'm fixing to order about 12 different colors of 6-8 cranks each. Mainly going to be fishing Sardis or Enid and maybe Grenada. Appreciate the info guys.