Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New Condos 4 sale

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up New Condos 4 sale

open house March 15-April 15. Looking for a nice condo for the fingerlings to grow up in. Well have we got a deal 4 u. Safe neighborhood, great schools, low fishing pressure, spacious front pond, water clarity nice, few predators. Any fishies interested, call 555-SLAB. Thought this would be funnier, oh well.:rolleyes: Anyways me and pa built 5 condos and dropped them in the pond today. Hope to be catchin crappies off of'em in the near future. Tried to work the digital camera, but didn't know if it took, technology I'll ask my brother to check his camera when he gets back to the house, and maybe post some pics soon. -rascal
    got one pic here it is
    Last edited by crappierascal; 03-14-2006 at 01:09 PM.
    "She's A Bute Clark"

Crappie Xtreme is offline Moderator Illinois Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Molds for crappie sets.

Name:  P1010002.JPG
Views: 854
Size:  60.3 KB
    Those are some nice looking sets crappierascal. I made some of those a few weeks ago and they sank great. I made some molds out of 5 gallon buckets for the concrete and put the wood inside just like you have. You can reuse the buckets over without wasting them. I posted a picture of how I did it. I used duct tape to hold the forms together until the concrete set up then just pull them apart and off the concrete when they were set up. You can spread the bucket apart to get it off around the concrete. I also used them for some bamboo sets that I made a few weeks ago just don't use as much concrete about half. Just remember don't put the mold on a concrete slab like the one in your picture without putting something under it. Use card board or a piece of plywood. I did mine in my garage and they almost stuck to the exsisting floor
    Just a thought if you don't want to waste your buckets.

Crappie X.
    IL board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

3 things...

Better hope that lake never gets choppy or those tall one's are gonners. You can use the molds, just run water bank into them, stand on them and pull the stucture out. No need for duct tape, cut them and stuff. Just xtra work. And the 3rd thing is is those are 2 cool campers in the background.

I started out with buckets, but after seeing the MASTER "krappieKrazy" and the system he uses, I changed mine up some and quit using 5gal buckets all together. Cardboard boxes work fine too....18 QT Dishpans are the only thing I use.

Post Thanks / Like

Those were my first condos. I need to try the mold bucket system. I got a buddy in the drywall business. Its great while he's working, but someday he won't have any left. I also would like to try the dishpan idea. Are those things cheap at the dollar store, or do you reuse em like the buckets? The campers are sweet. The little one on the right is the bambi model, perfect for the weekend trips! The other one isn't in good shape, needs some TLC.
    "She's A Bute Clark"