Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tore new boat up..pics

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tore new boat up..pics

Yep..Had to take it apart to see what it is made of. ha..Naw..Basically, had to remove a bunch of stuff to get new wiring to the front of the boat. I am putting in 2 service outlets at the front and adding quick disconnects along the panels just in case I wanna add more stuff later. Now I know how stuff comes apart.. This is a well built boat!!!!!!
    Last edited by Cane Pole; 01-10-2009 at 02:04 PM.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Your an animal TOM. Hope everything works out for ya and you aren't off the water to long.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

I know what you mean Tom..2 years ago I bought a new Tracker Tournament V-18 and 45 minutes after I pulled it home from the dealer I had the entire front deck and the covers alongside the cockpit completely removed so I could run power and add a depthfinder...my wife thought I was nuts.

Post Thanks / Like

Default How do you like your Tournament V-18?

Kenny, how do you like your Tournament V-18? Any trouble mounting that fishfinder onthe bow?

Post Thanks / Like

My wife says it's a "MAN" thing.
    I did the same thing to my new boat a few years back.
    Woman just don't realize that a boat is no good to a person unless it's been modified, and about a $1,000.00 worth of improvements has been added.:D
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ohio Angler
    Kenny, how do you like your Tournament V-18? Any trouble mounting that fishfinder onthe bow?

Ohio..I had no trouble mounting bow depthfinder. I just mounted the transducer to the trolling motor with a couple hose clamps from the auto supply store and ran power under the decks from the fuse block under the console. The decks came off easily and went back on just as easy. Then I added a waterproof cigarette lighter plug under the console for GPS and spotlight power. Then I added a marine stero unit for when I have the daughter and son-in-law out tubing. I mounted the unit under the console and ran power from the fuse block. Then I cut holes in the rear of the under deck storage units with a dremmel and a cutting wheel. Then I removed more decking and drilled holes thru sides of storage units big enough to get automobile heater hose thru. I ran the speaker wires thru the heater hose using it as a form of flexible conduit to keep wires from being snagged on gear.
    As far as how do we like the V-18..we couldn't be happier with it. It has LOTS of storage. Lots of room to fish from. It is stable and dry in rough water. We got the 90hp motor and it runs 51mph with me and 48mph with me and my wife and pulls the tube plenty fast enough. I also added an adjustable kicker plate and a 10hp kicker motor for the many hp restricted lakes in our area. I can load and unload it by myself with no trouble. It is the second one we have owned and would buy another in a heartbeat. We have a lot of fun toghther in it.

Post Thanks / Like

Tom sounds like the boat is about ready to hit the water and catch plenty of fish.
    Pete

Bob G is offline Moderator Keystone Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Tom, I see that you have baitwells with your boat. I would like to install baitwells on my boat. Do you have a part no.? I tried going thru a dealer to get them and they are having difficulty I guess, I haven't heard from them in two weeks.
    I appreciate any help.
    Bob Griffith
    Ice Team Power Stick
    Clam Corp. Pro Staff
    Keystone Crappie Association member

Post Thanks / Like

Tom sounds like you got a good handle on it, Good Job.. Its also great that you took pic's for future review....
    "May Your Fishing Dreams Come True"

Fish Detective