Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Crappie Rod??

Post Thanks / Like

Question What Crappie Rod??

Looking to purchase a 7' to10' crappie rod for fishing 1/32 to1/16 oz jigs, under a slip float.Thinking about the B&M Sam Heaton signature series jig rod (SHSS102) .Would like any input on these rods, and if anyone has any other suggestions on any other rods.
    mr crappie hunter

Post Thanks / Like

As always, to me there is only one to use for crappie, and I say that after using Wally Marshals B-n-Ms and others to me the best is a Crappie Wizzard rod, I have several and it is all I will buy from now on. For info go to www.crappiewizard.com ..Mike

Post Thanks / Like

At lunch today I picked up a Silstar jiggin rod for $20 at local hardware/sportinggood store. I compared it to the B&M right beside it. Both 10' with the same kind of grip, The bm was a little lighter but almost $20 more. I didnt see much diff in the action and line size and jig weight was the same.

Post Thanks / Like

I use a 10' outlaw and a 9' BPS Wally rod for throwing 1/32-1/16 oz jigs all the time and they work really well. If I had to choose I would get the outlaw. I like BnM but I perfer the other two.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Hunter,
    I have had B-n-M in the past and they are great rods I however now us Ozark Rod Company rods they are lite and durable.
    I purchased mine from a local dealer but I see they are in cabelas to.

Post Thanks / Like

Default rod

Like the Outlaw too, from the money a pretty good choice.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Wizard Rods

You ought to try the 7.5 Ft. Crappie Wizard Rod by Richard Williams (1Weezer) on this board. He has a great rod at a great price. Tips are available for purchase in case you have an accident and break one. The opportunity to buy a tip is better than the price of a brand new rod.

Post Thanks / Like

I currently use the Wally's but have heard alot about the Outlaw. The next one I buy will give the Outlaw a try.

Post Thanks / Like

My vote is for the 10' Outlaw.

Post Thanks / Like

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Bingo
    My vote is for the 10' Outlaw.
    Thanks everyone for your input,by the looks of it Outlaw Rods has most of the votes.
    The thing is now can anyone tell me why Outlaw is so much better than the other crappie rods, and where can they be purchased at a good price via the internet??
    mr crappie hunter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast