Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rod Holder mounts

Opossum Valley Alabama (Only in Walker County will you find a place like this)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rod Holder mounts

Ok, after 25 yrs fishing out of an aluminum flatbottom boat, I bit the bullet and upgraded. I bought a Javelin 17 Venom. I am trying to rig it out for primrily crappie fishing but during the summer me and the boys like to do a little stripe fishing as well. What I am looking for is a rod holder base(mount) that will fit in a vertical fashion on the inside of the gunnel(gunwale-wichever). I am looking for more than just an L type bracket. All my rodholders have 1/2 threads. Can anyone help with this. The front deck is kinda low so I have plenty of room to work with. Now on the back the area where the fiberglass meets the deck carpet is at an angle. does anyone have any suggestions for this. I do not want to fasten them to the decks in a flat fashion. I will if I have to but I will custom make some if I have to. I know this is lengthy but If I am going to drill thru my boat I want something that looks halfway decent on htere. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

shum, BPS and Cabelas both sell these but here is link that make them. Driftmaster-Black River Tools They will fix you up with anything you need. and the 118H has the 1/2 inch base

Yadkin Guide is offline Crappie Wall Hanger * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I might be able to keep you from drilling any holes to mount your rod holders. We make a base that will fit the cleats on your boat and will accept 1/2" rod holders. It is sturdy enough to handle stripers and catfish or anything else. Our bases will accept any Driftmaster Rod Holders or Santee Rod Holders. We also sell these two brands of rod holders to go with the bases. Visit our website Extreme Fishing Concepts or give us a call. We are also one of the cheapest dealers on the net for Driftmaster and a sponsor of this site.

Yadkin Guide

Opossum Valley Alabama (Only in Walker County will you find a place like this)
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that might just work. Im gonna go now and look at the boat. Thanks, not only will it save drilling it will save alot of time.