Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: High, muddy water here

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy High, muddy water here

We were getting ready for our shakedown cruise in the canoe on Saturday morning when the thunderstorms hit. We've gotten over three inches of rain since Wednesday, most of it Friday and Saturday. Finally got down to Rush Run for a couple of hours yesterday afternoon.The lake is the highest and muddiest we've ever seen. The ramps are completely under water. A guy on the dock appeared to be walking on water (It's a miracle!!) and the handicap piers were also submerged. Needless to say, not much was going on with the freshly released trout. Maybe in a couple of weeks. Supposed to turn cold tonight with lows in the twenties again. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Bobbie, i fished muddy water yesterday. it was rising while i was fishing. I remember an article i read about fishing high, muddy water, and put the knowledge i gained to work for me. I posted pictures on the Pa. board (shenango). Check out the new crappie world. Some very helpful tips this month.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, I did read that. Excellent tips. We weren't carrying crappie or bass gear with us, though, as we were after trout. Something (felt like a small bass) hit the Roostertail I was throwing, but didn't stay with it. As thick as the water was, noise producing baits would have been the only way to catch anything in that soup. What did you use for the crappie? - Roberta

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

dark colored chenille jigs and minnows and maggots . fished 5ft deep under a float.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rain Wind

Got to be tough fishing for at least a month or so for crappie. With this rain iam sure all the back bays are muddy and high plus a cold snap. Wont be crappie fishing no time soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Same here. More work than it's worth, so we'll be targeting cold water fish like trout and saugeye. Water will need to warm up and clear some before we go to one of the crappie lakes, - Roberta

Nightprowler Guest

Default Acton lake conditions

Hey Roberta, do you know the condition of Acton?
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Default Haven't been down there for a while

I'd like to try Four Mile below the dam to see if there are some saugeyes in that pool. It's a hard walk, but interesting to try. - Roberta

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey, Nightprowler

We took a drive down to Acton this afternoon just to check things out. Still very muddy and fairly high. Debris line shows that Loop Road and the pier at Sugar Camp were under water last week. The ramp was a muddy mess with all types of branches and other debris. There were a few hardy souls out in their boats, but not many. - Roberta

dsinning Guest

fish a white or black with a white tail but only fish 12" to 18" deep lift it and drop it if you see any movement set the hook they got it.i caught 60 crappies mostly males. this weekend 2 bass 4 bluegill most were males abought 2 weeks females will move in.