Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: topo map chip recomendations?

Post Thanks / Like

Default topo map chip recomendations?

hey ya'll, I am looking to buy a map chip for missouri and was wondering what the best route would be to go. I mostly fish twain for now, but I really want it for loz and truman. I am hoping some of you guys can tell me what (if any) brands are fairly accurate. do any of them accuratly show the channels and points and such? and do they show any info below truman or bagnal dams? any info at all is appreciated and thanks in advance.

Greg

Post Thanks / Like

I have Navionics Hotmaos Platinum for my HB 898. I like it a lot but Truman and Smithville are not complete. The upper end of the Grand arm and the upper part of Smithville were not scanned. Works great for marking and finding spots.
    Feel the thump, hear the drag.
    "GET IT IN THE BOAT"

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Navionics Hot map and it is worthless on Truman. The Lowrance (LEI) chip is better for Truman Lake. I have a Lakemaster ordered, they just are coming out for Missouri. I'll report about it after I get it.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the info, guys. I'm a little e-tarded (lol) so I dont want to waste my money!
    I saw in navionics site that most of our bigger lakes are high definition on the platinum version. this is what ya'll have? I would think high def would be better detail, but no? and it doesnt have all of truman? so what ARE you getting for the extra money of a high end map chip?
    also, I have a 'bird 798 hd and my buddy has a lowrancwe hd8. can we get a chip that will work in both units, depending on whos boat we take?
    thanks again, fellas.

Post Thanks / Like

i called navionics last week anb they said they would have a update out for all of truman in a couple of weeks, with that said rogers in liberty said they have been saying that for a while now. so if you have a hummingbird like i do wait untill the new chip comes out and make them upload it on a unit in the store to see if it has the info you want. i bought my chip last summer and i do not have windsor crossing or any thing up from bucksaw to deepwater and you need that on a map if you are going to truman..

Post Thanks / Like

I have a email back in 2006 that I sent complaining about truman, with the song and dance that it will be fixed soon and yet every year new chips has come out with no updates to it. I would save your money on the chip unless you fish the lower end of the lake.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Check out the LakeMaster for Truman Lake thread. Cabella's told me I should receive my order by the 30th.

Post Thanks / Like

LakeMaster says their chip is high def for Lowrance HDS units with 1 ft contour lines on Truman. I didn't read the info on HB units, but would think that it would be the same.