Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bass or Crappie?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bass or Crappie?

I could not decide whether to go crappie fishing at Ky. Lake or bass fishing at Guntersville. So yesterday my Grandson and I went to Guntersville. It was a beautiful day with warm weather and moderate wind. There was not a large amout of boats for a Sunday. The bass were not biting great, we only caught five, three on Rattletraps and two on jig and chunk. Here are the pictures of the jig fish. Later<>< <>< <>< <>< Jack
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Thanks / Like

Jackllbass,

If I were you I would be hitting Kentucky lake for sone slabs. Just for the fact I have always wanted to fish Kentucky Lake. Either way it should be a good trip. I would rather fish for crappie though.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Those are some nice bass.

One suggestion for the next trip. Why not try to catch both crappie and bass by trolling some crank baits behind the boat as slow speed. You cover much more water faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackllbass
    I could not decide whether to go crappie fishing at Ky. Lake or bass fishing at Guntersville. So yesterday my Grandson and I went to Guntersville. It was a beautiful day with warm weather and moderate wind. There was not a large amout of boats for a Sunday. The bass were not biting great, we only caught five, three on Rattletraps and two on jig and chunk. Here are the pictures of the jig fish. Later<>< <>< <>< <>< Jack
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

My friends have been wearing the bass out on Guntersville on every trip lately. Last week they caught 26 keepers one day and I think he said they had about 6 that went close to 5 pounds. I'm gonna go Wednesday if nothing happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Moose, I just got me a Big Troll for the back of the boat and a Black Widow spider rig for the front, so I might try the trolling next time. Later<>< <>< <>< Jack

Post Thanks / Like

Great looking fish...
    "May Your Fishing Dreams Come True"

Fish Detective

Post Thanks / Like

Went to Guntersville and bass fished today. We never even got a bite. It was a beautiful day but the fish just were not biting. I talked to one guy and he said he caught an 8 and 1/2 a 6 and 1/2 and a 5 and 1/2 pound bass on Saturday. He said he didnt even get a bite today either.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Crappieseeker, Sorry to hear that, but some days you can't buy a bite. Later<>< <>< <>< <>< Jack