Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Smithville Sunday 4-17-11

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville Sunday 4-17-11

My Dad and oldest son fished Smithville Sunday. No luck in the trees but they did catch about 50 "Smithville" crappie off the bridge next to the park office. 6 keepers and lots of smiles from Grandpa and the Son.
    Scott Platte City Missouri

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

At least you had some action. Better than most up there lately.

Post Thanks / Like

I've always wondered why it is so hard to come up with a way to find fish at times other than during the spawn? Other lakes have predictable patterns, why doesn't Smithville? Other than guys hitting the docks from November til May, and then the bridges from June til November, nobody can find them...all the fish in the lake can't be gathered around those bridge pillars all summer!

Post Thanks / Like

Vic n dont fool yourself into thinking that you have to fish the bridges in the summer only time I fish the bridges is when I have the grand daughter. This is a tough time right now because of the weather changes things so Quick the best time to fish Smithville is after the spawn till after it freezes up again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vic n View Post
    I've always wondered why it is so hard to come up with a way to find fish at times other than during the spawn? Other lakes have predictable patterns, why doesn't Smithville? Other than guys hitting the docks from November til May, and then the bridges from June til November, nobody can find them...all the fish in the lake can't be gathered around those bridge pillars all summer!
    Vic, I'll be the only one here to tell you the truth. Keeferfish, Brushman, Gotcrappie, Apkape, Joedog, Cook and a FEW others, catch ALL the crappie in Smithville every year! They all own businesses in Smithville and post these bogus reports to keep folks (and their money) coming back to the area. They have been fooling me for yearsRofl

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jackb View Post
    They have been fooling me for yearsRofl
    Wait a darn minute – You gonna make it that easy Jack? You slippin? Not even a challenge??

Fool You – Not very DifficultRoflRoflRofl

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by keeferfish View Post
    Wait a darn minute – You gonna make it that easy Jack? You slippin? Not even a challenge??

Fool You – Not very DifficultRoflRoflRofl
    Yep, it's the new me. I'm gonna be nice about Smithville this season and see what happens. Going to give it a fair shake and if I don't have success, I'm going to have it drained; already made the coe an offer they could'nt refuse........Thumbs Up

Post Thanks / Like

Jack, I'll pitch in on that cost, just so I can really see where these fish are.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vic n View Post
    Jack, I'll pitch in on that cost, just so I can really see where these fish are.....
    No problem Vic. You will have to sort thru THOUSANDS of 6-8 inch fish to see them though.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats right Jack all the big crappie is on the MAIN lake brush piles JULY 4 weekend be their!!!!!!!
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast