Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ugly stick

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Ugly stick

I know ugly stick advertises that there rods are unbreakable. I was wandering has anyone ever broke one? I'm thinking about purchasing one.Thumbs Up
    A crappie day fishin beats working any day!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2, one I bought in 1985 the other a couple months ago. Pretty durable. The original design is not very sensative though. I would not buy one to pitch or shoot jigs, if ya fishin a cork it should be fine. The newer ones with graphite are much more sensative but not sure if those are supposed to be unbreakable.

Post Thanks / Like

For just an all around good rod, I love the Ugly Stik. I just dropped my favorite one in the lake two weeks ago and it sunk in 20 feet of water!!!! I'll be getting a replacement soon. I wouldn't treat it like the gals in the commercial do though I have them in 5 1/2 ft. for dock shooting and 7 ft. for everything else.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually thinking more about it, the 5' ultra light might be perfect for dock shooting. Would have no worries of over bending it as I can touch the tip to the butt, just not sure if I could feel the tick though. Been looking at the 9' model that Bass Pro has for when I finish riggin my boat out for the back rods while longlining.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the 7' two piece Ugly Stick lite pro. I've only gotten to fish it once and the reel was too big for it but I wanted to try it. Was very comfortable to fish and didn't tire me out using it. More testing to do though. Never heard of anyone breaking one.

Now I also have one of the Zebco Indistructable's and I've beaten the crap out of it and it's still going strong. I only bought it to see how good it was as my nephew is notorius for breaking rods LOL. If he can't break the one I got him it's gotta be good.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone have a shakespeare crappie hunter rod?...The price is pretty good on them...Just wondering if anyone has any experience with them?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes i have broke one it was a 2 piece 5 1/2 foot & the front half flew off when i cast it out & i had power 15/4 pro on & the jig got hung up in about 15 feet of water i did not have much choice but to try to get it back but the rod tip must have been warped around a log i got it all back but the rod tip was broken about 8-10 in. back.Just counted my loses & bought a new 1. But they are good rods & i use them a lot. for all kinds of fishing. They are great to have in the boat for when i take the son-in-law i don't have to worry with power pro 15-4 i very seldom lose jigs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kbaker View Post
    I know ugly stick advertises that there rods are unbreakable. I was wandering has anyone ever broke one? I'm thinking about purchasing one.Thumbs Up
    I broke one once, hung on a stump, and I yanked and hauled on it, and it broke. I had the rod for 3+ years, I kept the receipt and took it back to the store, they gave me a new one no questions. I have probably 10 or more, all the way from UL to 7 foot trolling rods. They used to come with a 5 year guarantee, not sure if they do now. I never buy anything else. Now this is just my opinion ya see..

Proud Member Of Team Geezer
    Member: Michigan Chapter of Team Overalls

Post Thanks / Like

I have eight of them. All seven foot and for the price they are the best for me. Downlining, trolling and short casting. Never broke one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kbaker View Post
    I'm thinking about purchasing one.Thumbs Up
    Take a look at the Shimano Voltaeus, too. Between the two, that's the one I'd buy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast