Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: mark twain lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default mark twain lake

planning on going up either thursday or friday. anyone know what part of the lake is fishing better. considering southfork and middlefork. any info would be helpful. thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Hearing of some success on the main lake...........might want to watch and see how hard the lake gets hit with rain before you venture up into the arms......

Post Thanks / Like

I fished Monday morning for a couple hours in the morning and did not leave south fork and had my limit. They were on the banks (of the 15 cleaned 13 were males so the females are still in staging mode while the males make the nest). I am not sure how much rain the lake got the past coulple days or if the cold weather will move them back off the bank or not. I plan on heading up Friday as long as the lake hasn't fluctuated too much.

Post Thanks / Like

Been fishing Sandy and Shell Branch and catching my limit of nice fish, depending on weather they where anywhere from 7-10 feet down in 10 to 12 fow and then later in day when warmed up they where in 4 fow in heavy brush. But they were not very far from the bank. You might want to check roads before you go,they have some closed going to lake depending on where your coming from and going to. Here's a web site that will tell you
    MoDOT Traveler Information Map
    I Don't Know,but I can always use help

Post Thanks / Like

first trip of the year, good friday! I can't wait! WOOO-HOOOO!!!!!! I'll be in sandy, see ya'll up there.
    thanks for the reports guys. good luck to ya all!

Post Thanks / Like

Water was pretty muddy at the South Fork bridge. Got some rain and a little hail Tues morn for about an hour and that's about it since Sat. As far as roads go it looks like 154 will reopen on the 21st. I noticed on my detour home this morning that Hwy 19 will be rerouted starting the 25th for bridge work. The bridge is the one just south of where 154 "T's" 19. It's not on the notice yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck south point!!
    U got any good cat stories fur me this year?

Post Thanks / Like

thanks, smitty! not too many stories, been a slow winter, but its picking up some. once i get a few good lies together, I'll share em with everyone!
    now I have to get the boat cleaned up.... shes a lil slimed up from catfish bait and bowfishin! then off to twain.....