Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: LOWRANCE iFINDER H20 GPS

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up LOWRANCE iFINDER H20 GPS

Does anyone know about the LOWRANCE iFINDER H20 GPS.
    are they good, used friendly, worth the money?
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lowrance is a bad word to me

A few years back I really sprang and bought a Lowrance LCX-15MT black hi-res finder w/ gps. I never hooked up the gps(FYI). I had the unit die on me twice, totally dead both times, then I had lowarance replace the transducer, then I had them replace the whole thing again, I have had the third unit up and running about 15 trips or 9 months and the transducer is already going bad again, Brand new it registered the temperature about 25 degrees below actual temp. It lost sensitvity after about 7 outings and would not read faster than 8-10 MPH. I will never again buy a high dollar unit or a lowrance. Sorry lowrance, I call'em like I see'em.
    "Some days im Basstastic other days im crapptacular"

Post Thanks / Like

I just purchased an i-Finder (i-Finder Plus).
    I did a little reading about them beforehand, the i-Finders are hand held GPS units, all are the same except the H20 is waterproof, the Hunter model has extra hunting icons, the Pro has better highway/city stuff, minor price differences between each model etc. (if I'm not mistaken)
    I've been playing with mine for a few days now and it seems to be doing just fine.
    I got it anticipating to log in all the unmarked/unlighted posts and other stuff out in our river (Indian river lagoon) so night navigation can be a little easier for me.
    Am still in the learning stage but, I like mine.
    You need to get the "Plus" package with it. The "Plus" package is a set of two CD Roms that contain highly detailed mapping info for the whole USA. One installs them on their computer and makes a map of their area for fine detail study.
    The i-Finder comes with a USA map that can zoom in only so far and has no pertinent info. The "Plus" package is really a "Must" if you buy an i-Finder.
    Go to the Lowrance website and study up on the unit, etc.
    "Teach a man to fish = he can feed himself "
    "Teach the world to fish = you won't have any fish left to eat "

Post Thanks / Like

how much do these units cost?

Post Thanks / Like

Default price

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker
    how much do these units cost?

Cabela's price is $229.00.
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ifinder pro

[I have the Ifinder Pro and I love it. It will hold all of the SE area on a 256 meg card. It shows all the exits and what is at the exits like the type of service stations, foods, hotels, etc.. Since this unit is a hand held device and not mounted on my boat, I can use it on the road or in the woods hunting. (Using it, I can even find my treestand in the dark. grin)
    I like capability of swaping locations with friends and being able to go to exactly where they fished or told me of a good underwater top. It also is good for finding where I put tops in the lake because I used to not be able to find them unless they were close to the bank or some reference point. There are many good GPS units out there but I chose the Ifinder Pro because I have more friends that have the Lowrance fishfinders and GPS units and it makes it easy to swap data with them. Remember to use the same coordinates (units) that your friends use. I use degrees and minutes because the minutes are broken into a thousand parts instead of 60 (seconds).