I was fortunate enough to be invited on a buddy's fishing trip to Bull Shoals over the weekend. Storms and cold front came through Thursday night and really put a dent in things. I only caught two damn fish the whole weekend Doh, but the other 4 guys in the group caught maybe 30-35 nice crappie. They were mostly 6' out from the bank, 7-8' deep in 10-12' feet of water. All on a variety of lures and colors.

I had never been to Bull Shoals, but thought it was a really pretty lake. Like CDC member koko said .. if you're catching crappie in Bull Shoals, they're usually pretty big. I think we only caught 5 or so that weren't keepers and the average length was 14" or so.

On the way down, we stopped at Everharts in Clinton and the first person I saw when I walked in was jigging15. I had met him very briefly at a CDC Smithville tournament last year, but instantly recognized him from his CDC pictures. I introduced myself again and he introduced me to stumpthumper and I had the opportunity to chat with them. I know that's not much of a story .. but I thought it was pretty damn cool that I could walk into a store 80 miles away and know somebody because of this forum Thumbs Up.

Happy fishing to everyone and I can't wait for the Smithville spawn .. maybe I can actually catch a few fish!