Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Blade baits for deep crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Blade baits for deep crappie

Guys I've had some good luck using these in 10ft. + water.I locate what I hope to be crappie on the DF in my boat and drop straight down and jig up to feel the vibration through the fish about a foot or so then drop slowly back down so you don't get any slack in your line on the way down or they'll suck it in & spit it out before you can strike back.You'll know when that happens when you feel a tick but miss them.I like a 1/4 oz.you guys use these ?Silver Buddies,Gold works good too as well as other blade styles?
    Fishing can be anything youn want it to be

Post Thanks / Like

I use these ( Reef Runner Cicada Fishing Lure, 3/8 oz. size. ) the same way. Good tech when bite is off because of cold weather.

D
    My Wife Fillets The Fish! I am a fortunate man.

Post Thanks / Like

I like em!!!! And not only do they catch the crappie but everything else. I spent years trying to win one of the old style ZR molds that Do-It used to make. they're an exact match for the Silver Buddy. when they go on ebay they go for alot of bucks. enjoy em, The newer model mold just isn't the same.

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

The cicada works just as well for me.Never heard of the ZR molds,how long they been around?
    Fishing can be anything youn want it to be

Post Thanks / Like

I think the last time they made the ZR model mold was in the 80's. LedHead and some of the guys that have way more molds than me might have the exact year. I messed up with this last move and got rid of all my catalouges or I could tell you for sure.