Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Drop Shotting

Post Thanks / Like

Default Drop Shotting

I've been drop shotting for smallmouth & largemouth bass now for about 10 years, with a great deal success. Has anyone ever used this presentation for crappie?
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

I was gonna try it this last weekend, but the wind would cooperate. I am going to try it. I think it would work.

Tortis

Post Thanks / Like

I've never tried it for crappie but we do it big time on the susquehanna river in winter Dec.Jan,Feb.in Havre De Grace Md.
    Fishing can be anything youn want it to be

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry.I didn't mention this is the Big "yellow perch" run.Average keeper fish are 11-12 in.with a few 14 even some 15in. were caught this past winter. 10 creel limit per day.Tide water lic. required.

Post Thanks / Like

I drop shot when I anchor the boat tight over 18 feet plus of water. I tie two Palomar Knot's 2 feet apart from one another directly to the line - one foot from the bottom. The bottom has a 1 ounce weight. The hooks are red Aberdeen/hooks size #4.

Its a killer set up in early spring when water is a little cold (55 degrees) and when the fish are still neutral from ice off.

D
    My Wife Fillets The Fish! I am a fortunate man.

Post Thanks / Like

I started using palamar knots in 1992 when I started tuna chunkin off Ocean City Md..That's all I use now.They're simple to tie and there the toughest knot that I know of.