Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lowrances on ebay

Post Thanks / Like

Default lowrances on ebay

Has anyone seen the lowrance lcx-111chd on ebay from china for under 100 dollars. These units sell for around 2200 dollars what is up with this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tim
    Has anyone seen the lowrance lcx-111chd on ebay from china for under 100 dollars. These units sell for around 2200 dollars what is up with this.
    Wouldnt even think about doing it.
    Brett Treece
    2005 Triton TR-196
    200 Merc Opti
    2005 F-150 FX4

http://webpages.charter.net/rctreece/triton.bmp

Post Thanks / Like

If it sounds to good to be true it probably is.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

I did a search on ebay for that number and came up blank. Post a link to it.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Hey reaper try this auction number 5879324084, use this number in the search.

Post Thanks / Like

The seller has no feedback, that is not a good sign. And also has several GPS units for sale, why would someone have more than one so cheep?

Post Thanks / Like

That's weird. Shipping from China. How much? Sounds too good to be true alright. No sales yet. Weird.
    But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys, I went to E-Bay and checked out the Lowrance units from China. these are $2200.00 units. I checked a little deeper and found that there are several different seller names used. Most are (0) buyers/sellers but several had scores of (10) to (12).

I went a little further and checked their feedback. Everyone of them had 100% positive feedback. I thought well that's good. Although if you have sold or bought many items a 98 to 99% positive feedback score sounds a little more realistic.

Went even deeper and read their feedback. Most buyers won't go read the feedback if the seller has a (100%) positive feedback rating. The feedbacks were pretty generic in nature ex. Great Product!!!, Would Buy from this Seller again!! ect.

Finally found something very odd. All the buyers who left positive feedback were brand new (0) buyers. As an active E-Bay buyer/seller I know that you are never going to have all (0) buyers leaving 10 out of 10 positive feedbacks!

Another very odd detail is that almost all of the buyers who left good feedback on several of these units are no longer regestered E-Bay users!! I saw this same pattern on all the units listed on E-Bay from sellers in China.

I don't know what's going on here yet but be very careful if you are thinking about purchasing one of these Lowrance units as they retail for around $2200.00.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

Ran into this type scam a few weeks back on a boat.Most of the time they only accept money orders or money transfer,and e-bay will tell you flat out dont do this.They will also try to get you to send your money to a third party of some part through western union with a transfer # and once they get that transfer # your screwed.
    E-bay will tell you if it sounds to good to be true then it more than likely is.
    Just my 2Cents:D

Post Thanks / Like

After reading all the feedback comments on several of the Lowrance units from China I am pretty sure that the same person typed up all the feedback comments.

Almost all of the feedbacks made comment of gratitude and or cooperation. Also the grammer is very poor as if someone is not very good at writing in English.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast