Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Are you planning on fishing any "new" bream water this year?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Are you planning on fishing any "new" bream water this year?

Well?:D
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

Post Thanks / Like

Yes.
    ....lee s.

Post Thanks / Like

The question was meant to extract your plan of attack on said "new" water given its new challenges, Lee.
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

Post Thanks / Like

I plan on going to Grenada this October, and hopefully I will be able to go to Reelfoot during the late spring and early summer to catch some redear.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Robert,
    Thought maybe it would slide. But like my old teacher and her wanting MORE answer.....
    We are fortunate in that we have access to more ponds than we can properly fish in a season. One of our biggest hurdles is to decide which and when to leave a familiar pond and concentrate on a "new" one.
    We kinda like to make our first visits during BG spawn time. If the pond is somewhat clear, we can visually check the residents and see if we want to persue further the fruits of waters.
    If the pond is turbid, we generally lok to the shallows again for spawning areas to sample the waters, generally quite easily.
    Sometimes it seems that big ponds have little fish and the little ponds have big fish.....SOMETIMES.
    Most often we involve very little use of the cerebral matter, and we just go fishing. This is probably our most utilized approach.
    I hate to have to admit to being so spoiled, but we have some water that we use when LOTS of top-water bass are desired, but few over 3#. There are other places where we like to harvest BG's for fish frys. There is one pond that is QUITE challenging for any fish......and this one was a grand pond several seasons back for LM's, BG's, and crappie. Now.......? Couple ponds seem to be not so surface oriented. Another sign of being real spoiled is that we hardly fish for LM's until they are active on top....and there seems to be plenty around to keep one interested until that happens.
    Please don't take this as a brag or gloat. It is just an explanation of why we are not good at any one fish.....no focus!
    .....lee s.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to. I moved 30 miles down the lake toa new home last summer and now have to learn the "hotspots" down here.

Post Thanks / Like

Okay. I will have to fess up. I'm in the process of moving to a new house but I'm still in Sebring so my fishing waters will not change. I do hope to get down to South Florida sometime this season and will be fishing some new bream water with a fishing buddy but there is also the possibility of catching some exotics like Peacock Bass and Oscars. Tactics, flies, and lures will most likely remain the same as what I normally do unless the fish dictate otherwise, then I will have to adjust.
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

Post Thanks / Like

Yep... After finding this web site a couple of weeks ago, Im all jacked for the new season. Its going to be a couple of weeks befor I can start tho. Most of may favorite panfish lakes are still slush. Not enough ice to walk on safely but too much get a boat in.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah.....I recently got a boat, so I can scout out my own bream waters as opposed to "hitchin' a ride" or fishing from the bank. Some old timers told me about a few "lesser known" creeks on Old Hickory Lake in Tennessee, so I'm on the quest to find a bream honey hole.
    Fish on!:D

3 Bald Stooges of Percy Priest Lake - Co Founder