Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Letter from the game and fish division

Post Thanks / Like

Default Letter from the game and fish division

I received a letter in the mail here recently from the Alabama game and fish division with a notice stating that I had not renewed my license for the current year. I have had my license renewed for several months now. This is the first time I have ever received a letter from them regarding my license. Even when I have let it lapse in the past I never got a letter. Is this something new and has anyone else here received a letter from the Game and Fish division?

Post Thanks / Like

thats a new one on me also! I wished they would start sending a reminder out like they do with our pistol permits!
    An ungrateful man is like hog under a tree eating acorns, but never looking up to see where they come from!

Post Thanks / Like

I would suspect that it came some scammer. I would call the F&G office and ask. Look up the number yourself, don't call any number in the letter.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it was directly from the game and fish and not a scam at all, I just never knew they did this or if it was something new, and also wondered why they did not have my info that I was licensed. I could be wrong though.

Post Thanks / Like

I have never had that done either. It does seem strange.
    Auburn Tigers " National Champions "

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker View Post
    I think it was directly from the game and fish and not a scam at all, I just never knew they did this or if it was something new, and also wondered why they did not have my info that I was licensed. I could be wrong though.
    Give them a call and ask them
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

I threw the letter in the garbage, but included with the letter was a little insert that listed the State records per fish species and also had a length to weight approximation scale on it. I will not call them, it is no big deal, I just thought it was a little strange and had wondered if anyone else ever received one. I have my license and that is what matters. Happy fishing to all the great folks here at crappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

Your fish and game commission must be awash in money to send out reminders like that. Does the letter say you could go on line and renew? If it does run not walk away. You have proof that you have a license, ignore the letter.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been fishing my whole life and never heard of the fish and game to send a reminder like that. For all they know,you might have quit fishing!!!!!!!!! So,why would you need a license????
    A crappie day fishin beats working any day!!

Post Thanks / Like

I thought I had thrown the letter away, but found it laying with some other stuff that I had yet to throw away. I scanned it and added it as a picture so that you can see it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast