Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Good video on Crappie Techniques

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Good video on Crappie Techniques

BPS has "Sam Heaton's Crappie Fishing Techiques" DVD on sale for $7.46. I recommend this one after getting mine and watching it yesterday. It covers five tecniques for crappie, Float-n-Fly, vertical jigging, bottom bumping rigs, dock shooting, and trolling. He explains how to rig and how to fish the different techniques and catches some crappie while he's at it. It was fimled on Lake Wiess and a lake in Missouri. I am headed to the lake tomorrow and give the Float-n-Fly a try.
    For the Everlasting Glory of the Infantry.

Post Thanks / Like

Dutch I totally agree with you. My daughter bought that video for me dor X-mas and I actually learned some good tips from it. I also started to focus more on trolling after I watched it. The lake he fished in Missouri was Truman Lake.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Where can we get it? ooops!
    Last edited by BarryG; 03-12-2006 at 05:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Now that is the kind of video we need a lot more of. Teaching videos that go into the details of different methods.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch
    BPS has "Sam Heaton's Crappie Fishing Techiques" DVD on sale for $7.46. I recommend this one after getting mine and watching it yesterday. It covers five tecniques for crappie, Float-n-Fly, vertical jigging, bottom bumping rigs, dock shooting, and trolling. He explains how to rig and how to fish the different techniques and catches some crappie while he's at it. It was fimled on Lake Wiess and a lake in Missouri. I am headed to the lake tomorrow and give the Float-n-Fly a try.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Moose1am
    Now that is the kind of video we need a lot more of. Teaching videos that go into the details of different methods.
    You got that right, I also got the Wally Marshall "Crappie Uncovered", it was alright but it was more fishing than tips and techniques. It was fun to watch, but you really don't learn anything.
    For the Everlasting Glory of the Infantry.

Post Thanks / Like

Infisherman has quite a few crappie and gill dvd's too. Haven't seen any of them but I plan on getting a couple. I believe that you can order them from the website but if not they have the list of movies and the order form in the magazine.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

IMHO The Sam Heaton tape is a goodie. Crappie Wisdom that Wally World has at a big markdown is a dud.