Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do any of you use a quick change clip?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Do any of you use a quick change clip?

Do any of you use something other than tying direct to the hook eye to tie you line to? In other words some kind of quick clip device to be able to change jigs without retying?

I know and have used the No-Knot hooks, but they get sprung so easy.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Well I'm not sure what you want but I pretie my rigs; I use a 2 hook rig with an egg sinker but I start with a three way swivel and then tie a line 8 lb (same as main line) about 12-16 inches long and slide the egg sinker on and tie a barrell swivel to the end then I have about 100 or so snap swivels tied with 6 lb. line and light wire hooks or 1/32 jigs depending on what I want to use. That way when I out fishing all I have to do is snap the old swivel off and he new swivel on saves time and my fingers. I use he snell hook holders you buy at Wal Mart for 2.00$ to hold them and they hold 40 a piece. The only downfall is tieing them all up but I usually tie them while I watch TV sittin at the house drinkin a cold beverage.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Skip, I use the smallest cross lock on some of mine. Don't see any difference in bites. Also use a 3 wrap loop most of the time. It is easiest for. Me to tie on water. Tired eyes LoL.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

almost always brass, black red clips and no difference to me. I also use power pro yellow green and red and have found no difference buy whatever is on sale. What makes the most difference in my boat is the outside pole most always catches the most fish. We do not have clear water where I fish, 5 foot max the best day of the year, most of the time < a foot.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Norman Lures speed clip when fishing saltwater. Freshwater I tie everything directly.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Skip, I always use a "no-knot" or snap to attach my jig. It lets the jig hang level with no line interference and allows quick change outs. I mostly use a tube jig with the inside jig heads and I'll change the jig out when the plastic gets torn, then replace the plastic and have a standby jig ready to snap back on. Never had a snap fail and cost me a fish after many years of using them. I use the smallest size I can find and get 'em from Grizzly Jig for a dollar a dozen. Best price I've found anywhere!

Post Thanks / Like

No knot fast snaps in the med or large. Even the large aren't that big. I can't really say whether they reduce the bite or not 'cause I've always used them. Change baits way too often to be tying and my eyes are not gettin' any better w/ age either.

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

Duo-Lock snap, just the snap no swivel, size 1 usually works really well down to 1/32 oz.

Post Thanks / Like

Skip,

Sometimes the no knot works as a hook. I have lost some fish that for one reason or another the jig popped of the snap. I'd say one in 600-1000 fish at the most. I like them because I use braid and my jig will hang right.
    I've also landed buffalo up to almost 20 #. They are strong! They have a place in my box.

addict

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/louis...need-hook.html

Post Thanks / Like

Never used them on crappie jigs ,but do use them on my walleye spinner rigs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast