Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Own a BnM Bucks Gold Jig Pole?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone Own a BnM Bucks Gold Jig Pole?

Was interested in hearing from those who own a Bucks Gold Jig Pole by BnM. I have a Crappie Wizard and a Sam Heaton SS in 12' that I really like. Was thinking about a Bucks Gold. Was wondering if anyone who may happen to own both, the Heaton and the Gold, Could maybe tell me the difference in the 2 if any? Thanks.
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

Well...Alrighty then?
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a gold and love it. I think it has a very balanced feel to it and can be used for hours on end when coupled with the right spinning reel. I have pulled pretty hard on it in the bushes and have never had any trouble. Mine is outfitted with a spinning reel and 20 pound braid for the thick stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Slick.

Post Thanks / Like

Make sure you test the heck out of it during the return period. The first one I ordered broke as I was stringing it up for the first time. I was sitting in my fishing chair and grabbed it just above the ferrule. Lifted it up slightly so I could push the butt further back, and *SNAP*. The replacement seems to be OK, though. I landed a smallmouth just over 13" on it without any problems.
    Don't worry, catch crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't own both, but I have a Gold, and it is my favorite jigging pole. It's lightweight, it has held up well, and I love having a cork handle.

Post Thanks / Like

Cork handles are a must for me as well.. Thanks guys.

Post Thanks / Like

i own both. The gold is a good rod but It's hard to bet the Sam Heaton poles. If would have to choose between the two it would be the Sam Heaton. Feel the gold feels tip heavey to me.

Post Thanks / Like

the sam heaton is heavier and has more backbone, the gold is lighter and not as tough across the back, but is IM-8 and supposed to be very durable, compared to the IM-6 of the sam heaton, but that's another debate as to how much those numbers actually mean. The gold is idea if you ever flip a cork with the big spinning eyes, I've had two and sold both of them because the big eyes just don't work for fishing bushy tree's, which is what i do a lot of the time, and I prefer a rear reel seat. both are really nice poles though, and the sam heaton has a big following.
    I clever quip fishing ironic statement crappie!

Post Thanks / Like

Just came across this thread, and wish I would have seen it a long time ago! I own both, and have been very impressed with both of them. However; I have to give a slight edge to the Gold for vertical jigging. Both rods I have are 10', as the longer length rods seem a bit too much for me. The 10' is perfect for my style of fishing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast