Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Southwest Iowa fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Southwest Iowa fishing

Hey, I live in Greenfield, I am not sure you have heard of it, but I was wondering what are some good southwest iowa fishing spots, preferably shore fishing? I do not have a boat, but I am trying to talk dad into a Bass Baby, (im 14). Do you think a Bass Baby, or a jon boat would be better to throw in the back of the pickup and go? I know Orient Lake is a decent lake for crappies, but you have to be there at the right place at the right time. Please, if you know of any good lakes, or ponds, post them PLEASE!
    CoRy
    CoRy:cool:

CrappieGUy30 Guest

Default Excellent Crappie in sw iowa

One great spot is Windmill Lake in New Market,IA (East of Clarinda 5 Miles or so) Only boats allowed are small trolling motor only. If you want to know more of where to fish at this lake I will give you all I know. And what does and doesn't work. I did not have a boat for years so I fished this daily. Very nice crappies there and can catch 100-200 in less than 4 hours on the great days.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that...100-200!!!! thats CRAZY. have you ever tried Rathbun? my uncle lives down there. he won't move away from there because of the fishing. he wants to move up here! i wouldn't move from that fishing either! well, thanks CrappieGUy30
    CoRy:cool: