Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Wednesdays mixed catch pics and video

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wednesdays mixed catch pics and video

Wednesday was not all that I expected it to be but I still had a great time and put some fish in the kayak.

Here's the video: YouTube - April 13 Crappie and Bluegill
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    It is not about the equipment you have to use,
    It is about how you use the equipment you have. :D

Post Thanks / Like

I love to catch and eat crappie, but a bluegill about that size is my favorite. I also love to fly fish for them.
    Mike Barnett

Post Thanks / Like

slabsrus what video camera are you using to film your video and what editing software do you use? This is going to be my next big purchase.
    Mike Barnett

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting slabsrus! I really enjoyed watching this video and the one you had smallmouth fishing on July 4th.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I use one or two Nikon Cool Pix cameras. They are pretty cheap and actually do pretty good with the video quality. I use 3 different tripod mounts. I have been self filming for quite some time but still learn something everytime I go out. I will be stepping up to a Cannon HFS20, production quality video camera in the next month or so, courtesy of my son, who is stationed in Afghanistan right now and just seems to have a bit of extra money and wants to help dad out a bit. It is not a super high end camera but will be a major step compared to what I am using now. I use Vegas editing software. It does everything I need it to do and is quite user friendly, though I am still learning a lot of its' features.

Post Thanks / Like

None of these are waterproof are they? Are you using a dry box or just taking a chance?
    Mike Barnett

Post Thanks / Like

I use Pelican dry boxes when transporting the cameras but during filming I am taking a chance. I have had a few close calls over the past 4 or 5 years but been lucky so far. My tripod rigs are pretty secure, but once I get the new Cannon, I will definitely be taking more precautions. Not that the Cannon is going to be outrageously expensive, at about $1600, but definitely more than I care to lose in the water. The little Nikons are less than $200 so I would not feel quite as bad about losing one of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you ever tried one of the Hero sports cameras that you can even film underwater?
    Mike Barnett

Post Thanks / Like

A good video camera that has underwater capability is next Springs purchase. I have looked at a few but have a lot more research to do before spending the money. I am first going to invest in a new computer that will be strictly for my video editing, photos, articles, and artwork. Basically my work computer. That way I can keep it seperate from my family computer and not worry about it getting all jumbled up with other stuff.