Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tornado outbreak

Ranger09 is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tornado outbreak

After a severe afternoon and evening of Tornado's and Thunderstorms my THOUGHTS and PRAYERS are for all those affected as they try to get their lifes back together after such a life altering experience.
    Mark McGuire 918-441-1453
    Guiding on Eufaula, Tenkiller, and Ft Gibson
    Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Fle Fly Outdoor Brandz Pro Staff & VIP Team Cordinator

Post Thanks / Like

Just recieved a message that KDLONG's FAMILY's home has recieved some storm damage in SE oklahoma..my PRAYERS AND THOUGHTS for you brother and your family..Kenny if there is anything I can do for you and your family all you have to do is holler..all I have is yours if you need it.
    Crazy Angler Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear that Ranger. Keep us posted of any need they may have. I have a feeling several on the board would help out if we can.

Odie
    Common sense isn't always that common!

Post Thanks / Like

They got lucky blew some tree limbs down on the house. They were out of electric till about 7 this morning. We were headed down with the generator and they called when we made it to warner. Alot of the roads around them are blocked with trees . The tornado actually raised right before it reached town was mostly in the mountains just north of them. Everyone please pray for those in tushka it pretty much wiped everything out. Thank you for your prayers and offers of assitance. You guys are the greatest.
    Take a man hunting or fishing for a day he'll eat for a day.
    Teach a man to hunt or fish and he'll eat for a lifetime.Thumbs Up

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers do get answered Kenny..am glad that your family dodged the bullet as you say and Yes we need to remember and say a PRAYER for all that had life changing experiences from the storms..
    Crazy Angler Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I've been reading about this storm on other news sources and it appears most of the people killed were in mobile homes. I still don't understand why people in mobile homes remain in them during dangerous storms when they're warned repeatedly to move to another source of shelter.

Are they worried they will get soaking wet while fleeing the trailer house and driving down the road to someone's shelter? It can't be that big of inconvenience when you consider being wet is better than being dead.

Really sad that two of the victims over in Arkansas were asleep in their bed (in a mobile home) when a tree blew into their bedroom and crushed them both to death. A father, 24, and his 1-1/2 year old daughter.

Please remember these families in your prayers folks because some of them have nothing else left.
    AMERICANS: Willing to cross a frozen river to kill you, in your sleep, on Christmas, totally not kidding, we've done it.

Post Thanks / Like

Terrible!

Post Thanks / Like

Stink alot of people just dont understand how mobile homes are put together. They have no bracing at all. Most people dont even bother having them tied down. We lived in one in 1983 my dad had a company come in and tie it down. In november a torando came through and riped the roof off like you open a sardine can. It broke 8 of the 10tie downs holding the trailer. My mom got my brother and myself out just in time we were less than 40 feet from the trailer when it hit. We had just got in the car and was tring to back out of the driveway. My cousins store which joined our place had two semi trailers he used to sell feed out of it picked them up and throwed the over the store building without hitting the building. The way they build homes now days they are about like mobile homes they throw them up and run. The best thing people can do find a cellar or have one installed. That is the safest place i know of from a twister. Everyone please keep in mind that the people that was hit some not only lost their lives but the rest it will take years to recover from this i know from experance. There will be alot of stuff those people will not be able to replace besides lives pics, important papers and trust. Beleave me on the trust thing people was carring off my dads tools faster then we could gather them up.
    Take a man hunting or fishing for a day he'll eat for a day.
    Teach a man to hunt or fish and he'll eat for a lifetime.Thumbs Up

Post Thanks / Like

KD you hit the nail on the head. i have been through an f4 that claimed seven lives in a mobile home. We were caught off guard and extremely lucky. the only safe place is in a storm shelter it may be alot of money but very worth it when your own families lives are at stake.It can happen to any one!!!!!!! I work in fire and storm restoration and you wouldnt believe the craftsmanship in most of the jobs we get. GREAT POST
    From Wishing To Fishing

Hat55 is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

KD, let me know if there is any thing I can do. I am alot closer than you are .
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast