Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Help at Truman please

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Help at Truman please

I'm planning my first trip to Truman this spring. Normally, would late April be concidered a prime time for Crappie? I'll be bringing my pickup camper and a glass boat. I want to camp somewhere where I can leave my boat in the water either at a marina near my campsite or beached close enough to my campsite where I can charge the batteries using a drop cord. Also need help finding good crappie areas (have gps). Any info. would be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman

Quote Originally Posted by Fishawk
    I'm planning my first trip to Truman this spring. Normally, would late April be concidered a prime time for Crappie? I'll be bringing my pickup camper and a glass boat. I want to camp somewhere where I can leave my boat in the water either at a marina near my campsite or beached close enough to my campsite where I can charge the batteries using a drop cord. Also need help finding good crappie areas (have gps). Any info. would be greatly appreciated.
    Everything depends on the weather Fishhawk. The wife and i are going to be there the last week of April. If the weather stays like it has been, the fishin should be good. If you are going to be there at that time and have a cell phone, PM it to me and we'll get you fixed up. I'll have my boat at Osage Bluff Marina. Slips were 11 bucks last year with electric, and the campground is right around the corner. If you stay there but not that week, talk to Jason at the Marina and he'll point ya in the right direction...izzy PS glad to help any of you Iowa folks, the help you all have given me for my upcoming Rathbun trip was GREATLY appreciated. THANKS AGAIN...izzy
    Last edited by izzysfishin; 03-12-2006 at 12:24 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Fishawk,

Izzy is right it depends on a few things. But normally April is a good month to be there. If you want to go to a campsite where you can leave your boat and camp close Bucksaw would probably be your best bet. Just go to their website. www.bucksawmarina.com. Rich, Brad and the rest of the boys there will take care of ya.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Talking osage bluff?

Thanks for the info izzy and cali. I know about where Bucksaw is but where is osage bluff marina? If I head that way the last week of April I will send you a pm with ph# izzy. Let me know if I can help you out at rathbun. I fish there and redrock reguarly.

Post Thanks / Like

Fishawk Osage bluff is of 7 highway down dehind the dam. Which way are you going to be heading into Warsaw. The 65 highway or 7 highway from Clinton?
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

It's actually off 83. Coming south on 65 go past Warsaw exit to White Branch exit 83 south. It's about 4 or 5 miles to Osage Bluff. Theres a big sign where you turn off 83. www.osagebluff.com click on the map. Hope to see ya there...izzy