Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm new! I'm new! I don't know what to do!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm new! I'm new! I don't know what to do!!!

Hey everyone!! Went fishing Yesterday and had a great day!! We started off in little tebo and didn't have a lot of luck there. Second place we went to was Berry Bend where we caught 8 ranging in size from 10-12" but VERY slow. We fished these two places going on 5 hours and tried so many places it isn't funny!! We joked with each other about finding the worst looking spot and trying it because we tried a lot of good looking places only to find a few. Finally, we headed over to Windsor Crossings to find roughly 1,000,000 trucks in the parking lot!! Yes, we found the fish! LOL We headed to the cove straight across from the boat ramp because we knew Brush Creek would be packed and to our surprise ended up with both limits in about an hour. All of these were males in just a couple feet of water. What a great time!! None of the fish caught at Windsor Crossings were big, but they were big enough to put in the freezer!! The only 2 females were larger and caught from Berry Bend, I guess they call it 3-fingers?

When it comes to fishing crappie, I know 2 seasons: summer and winter. When it comes to spring, other than when the spawn is on, and fall I am lost!! I was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers for when the spawn ends and before they are back into deeper water for the summer??? Pretty much all I know about Truman is from my great uncle and he pretty much fishes Point 2 in the winter and Clear Creek during summer. Occasionally we've had some pretty good luck fishing the deep side of the cut across from Truman State Park during cooler weather as well.

I'm guessing that the incoming storms and cooler weather will push them away from the banks somewhat. Any tips on where to look for them if this happens, before they hit the banks again. P.S. I'm not real familiar with nicknames for fishing spots! Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey u caught more than me!!
    Keep at it!!

Post Thanks / Like

sounds to me like you need to be given tips instead of needin to get them sounds like everything you did today was right keep it up welcome aboard wtg

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to c.c,,, sounds like u did ok, keep the reports a coming
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

good job

Bob # 1 is offline Moderator Fisherman's Memorial Forum * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Indiana
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Testimonials
    Night fishing tips 101
    Temperature Guide Crappie

Fishing lights

Post Thanks / Like

I spent the day digging in the dirt, pickin rocks and falling down, you went fishing, who had the worst day the new guy or the old fart, ...old fart did, welcome to the site, glad you and your buddy got a mess, them eaters are my favorite fish, glad you had a good day. and many more to you

Post Thanks / Like

Went fishing 4-2 at State Park not even a bite, went to pull the boat out at 12:30 to move to another location and I took a wrong step loading the boat and broke the top of my Tibia Plateau and fractured my Tibia, and damaged my ACL. Had surgery on Monday 4-4, now ready to try it again this weekend. Hoping to make this weekend a big fish catch. Watching the forums on Truman and will be looking for a great spot to fish. Can't keep a good woman down when it comes to fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beagle man View Post
    I spent the day digging in the dirt, pickin rocks and falling down, you went fishing, who had the worst day the new guy or the old fart, ...old fart did, welcome to the site, glad you and your buddy got a mess, them eaters are my favorite fish, glad you had a good day. and many more to you
    Sounds like you were planting a garden? If so, you will be having the good days here in a couple months!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the site. I don't have a lot of Truman knowledge, but if I would feel at least SOMEwhat confident fishing that lake (even in spring/fall) just by reading everything on this site during those times. Lots of good info, and you might have to go back to last year(s) spring/fall reports, but the info is out there, even with specifics. Good luck, and continued good fishing to you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast