Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Truman Lake/TEBO/Long shoal

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman Lake/TEBO/Long shoal

Fished Tebo and the Long shoal area Sat. What a nice day it was..a little windy, but it was great. No fish though that was the tough part. Dont know what it was couldnt buy a bite! I used everything fished in all different depths of water...nothin.. saw an eagle though..my camera was tucked away so I couldnt get a picture of him...the water was 48* I figured with the big storm coming in they would turn on but I still couldnt get them to bite. Any one else fish that area??? Oh yeah this is way off the subject , but does anyone Snag for spoonbill down below the Bagnell dam? Isnt there a regulation where you have to fish so far down stream or below a certain mark not sure...never been there but Its so much closer than taberville or Osceola!'m kinda gettin the snaggin fever even though its not crappie..but it comes with the fishin bug I guess..any help with snaggin below bagnell would be great.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HEB
    Fished Tebo and the Long shoal area Sat. What a nice day it was..a little windy, but it was great. No fish though that was the tough part. Dont know what it was couldnt buy a bite! I used everything fished in all different depths of water...nothin.. saw an eagle though..my camera was tucked away so I couldnt get a picture of him...the water was 48* I figured with the big storm coming in they would turn on but I still couldnt get them to bite. Any one else fish that area??? Oh yeah this is way off the subject , but does anyone Snag for spoonbill down below the Bagnell dam? Isnt there a regulation where you have to fish so far down stream or below a certain mark not sure...never been there but Its so much closer than taberville or Osceola!'m kinda gettin the snaggin fever even though its not crappie..but it comes with the fishin bug I guess..any help with snaggin below bagnell would be great.
    Herb, I know exacty what you are talking about. I fished from 8am to about 4 pm (when the lightening started) and got nothing but dinks. I fish LT2, the roadbed across from it, the cut through, bluffs down from long shoals, HWY 7 bridge, main creek mouths, from the top to the bottom and not a keeper in the bunch. Pretty much heard that from eveybody yesterday.

I had just put my boat on the trailer when the sky open up and I could not see 10' infront of my truck heading back home. Most people pulled over to the side of the road because the rain was so bad.
    Brett Treece
    2005 Triton TR-196
    200 Merc Opti
    2005 F-150 FX4

http://webpages.charter.net/rctreece/triton.bmp

Post Thanks / Like

It was you I saw yesterday, I'll be darn!!..I was down stream from Hwy 7. and fishing that mouth you passed right by me. I was the blue charger tied up to a tree. I tell you what though that little area right in there especially alll the stumps just out side the mouth is a great place to fish in the summer time. Oh well it was fun to get the boat out! Today however..which I should have done yesterday..went to the local lake here in Jeff City and caught some big Crappie..it is a decent size lake with lots of standing timber and christmas trees..the warmest water I found today was 56* it was nice the crappie are starting to wake up in those smaller lakes were the water warms up quicker. Maybe I will see you again sometime at truman.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HEB
    It was you I saw yesterday, I'll be darn!!..I was down stream from Hwy 7. and fishing that mouth you passed right by me. I was the blue charger tied up to a tree. I tell you what though that little area right in there especially alll the stumps just out side the mouth is a great place to fish in the summer time. Oh well it was fun to get the boat out! Today however..which I should have done yesterday..went to the local lake here in Jeff City and caught some big Crappie..it is a decent size lake with lots of standing timber and christmas trees..the warmest water I found today was 56* it was nice the crappie are starting to wake up in those smaller lakes were the water warms up quicker. Maybe I will see you again sometime at truman.
    Now I remember you, I was going to see how you were doing but you were on a cell phone, right? That creek mouth did look pretty good and there was a ton of trees under water at 25'. I went from there to where the creek bends up close to the bluffs just down from there and didnt get nothin. The guy that owns Long Shoals suggested fishing there but the storm blew in and I didnt really get to fish it too much. Next time you see me give a yell maybe we can team up and take care of business. Normally it is just me or me and my son but had a boat load yesterday!!
    Brett Treece
    2005 Triton TR-196
    200 Merc Opti
    2005 F-150 FX4

http://webpages.charter.net/rctreece/triton.bmp