Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Problem Setting up the new boat Need help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Problem Setting up the new boat Need help

Name:  New boat.jpg
Views: 761
Size:  70.8 KB
    I traded boats last summer and need help trying to figue out rod holders for my crappie rods. I use 8 to 16 ft B&Ms 2 and 3 piece rods. I dont like to break them down when Im on the lake. I mainly fish crappie and walleye but crappie fishing is my passion. I also had to keep the bride happy too she wanted a little more comfort in the boat. It has the walk through windshield so makes it hard to mount rod holders on the gunnels. Any help/ideas would be great. Up north here we can only fish with 2 poles each in Iowa and 1 pole each in Minnesota, but I like to have plenty along.
    Thanks
    Wishin I was Fishin

Post Thanks / Like

With all you Smart fisherman and all the great crappie setups out there. Nobody has any ideas or suggestions for me. Any ideas would greatky help
    Thanks
    Wishin I was Fishin

Post Thanks / Like

Need a picture of the inside of boat..

Post Thanks / Like

You might make a multi rod holder out of pvc pipe and a couple 2x4's and a pin to drop in your rear seat socket. Would hold all the poles vertical and out of the way.
    Waterboy1

Post Thanks / Like

This worked on for me on a Tracker targa with the windshield. Cabela's: Cabela's Quick Stow Rod Rack
    I have a Lund Fisherman now with a 5 rod holder like this one. Cabela's: Economy Rod Rack
    I bought a 6 holder and cut one off. It is mounted between the rear seats in front of the motor. Works great for 16' rods. I can take a picture tomorrow if needed.
    Fishing is a way of life. Teach your grandchildren to fish, hunt and enjoy the outdoors

Post Thanks / Like

Vertical rod holders when the boat is in use. Store them in the regular holders when your done fishing.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Yadkin Guide is offline Crappie Wall Hanger * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Check out our website for your rod holders and bases Extreme Fishing Concepts You can also give us a call. We deal in this kind of setup.

Yadkin Guide

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waterboy1 View Post
    You might make a multi rod holder out of pvc pipe and a couple 2x4's and a pin to drop in your rear seat socket. Would hold all the poles vertical and out of the way.
    Ditto PVC, just find a spot and mount some PVC like you see in other boats like the one that have a center console. Much like Bay boats have and you can stand them upright. Don't know any other way to keep long rod together and out of the way. Still would have to be very careful casting.

Just cut the top part of the PVC so your reels can sink down into them a bit with a slot.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

I think the PVC will work great. I will make some up this weekend and let you know. Thanks all for your responses and help
    Wishin I was Fishin