Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pictures of fillets ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pictures of fillets ?

I love the sport of fishing and enjoy a nice meal of crappie as much as the next guy, but I don't understand why people post pics of a sink or bowl full of crappie fillets ? I've even seen post with pics of full frezzer bags of fillets. Thats like posting pics of a skined and bucthed deer on a table, or a limit of gutted and skinned rabbits. I guess I don't get it. It's one thing to show off a nice catch or a cooler full of live fish. Is it all about meat now ? Is there a contest on who can pck the most fillets in the frezzer ? I can catch a limit of 8" crappie and fillet them and post pics saying "look at my limit" , who knows how big they where or if they're even crappie. I don't mean to offend or rant it just seems like fishing is more about bragging and one uping than the experience or the sporting aspect of fishing. I personal would rather see a pic of that larger than average crappie, as we all can fill a bucket almost every day when the condition are right.You've seen one mess of crappie you've seen 'em all :rolleyes:

Post Thanks / Like

I won't lie, I'm pretty jealous of somebody when they whip out a picture of a big pile of fresh crappie fillets!

Post Thanks / Like

It's just some god natured ribbing... showing what we're about to fry up. Least thats the way I see it.
    "Guns have only two enemies rust and politicians."

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes it makes people proud when they have the knowledge and determination to catch them, sometimes it is a challenge even for the pros to catch a mess. It kind of gives you just a little personal satisfaction. Not really that you are bragging, just showing that you were able to fool a few fish. If we were all about ourselves or just to brag, we would not share so much helpful info to help others catch them also. We are all just a big crappie family here

Post Thanks / Like

Ive got some pictures of some butchered deer and bear if you'd like to see them....Doh

Id be envious of a nice pile of fillets.

Heck, there are days when even the bait begins to look good!Rofl
    If vegetable oil is made from vegetables, what's baby oil made from?

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't mean any disrepect, just seems like a pic of the fish would give you all the satifaction you would need. Just seems odd to see a bowl of fillets rather than fish. Again no disrespect to anyone.

Post Thanks / Like

To each his own man.

Post Thanks / Like

AW, COME ON !! Who wants to see some BIG, THICK boneless slab crappie fillets COVERING a dinner platter, GOLDEN BROWN with beer batter done to a piping hot glory with hush puppies all but overflowwing out of an adjacnt bowl all ready to be heaped with homemade tarter sauce...didn`t some guy do all that to us like at Thanksgiving? Never did get his address OR an invitation...

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with crappieseeker here...
    Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker View Post
    Sometimes it makes people proud when they have the knowledge and determination to catch them, sometimes it is a challenge even for the pros to catch a mess. It kind of gives you just a little personal satisfaction. Not really that you are bragging, just showing that you were able to fool a few fish. If we were all about ourselves or just to brag, we would not share so much helpful info to help others catch them also. We are all just a big crappie family here

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about the rest of you guys but, If you know how to properly fillet a crappie. You can tell how big the crappie was by the size of the fillet. I don't keep 8" crappie. If you can't tell the difference between an 8" crappie fillet and a 12" crappie fillet. Then you may need to re think your cleaning technic.
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast