Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tilt and trim

Post Thanks / Like

Default tilt and trim

Yesterday was a perfect day for fishing. high in the mid 70 sunny and lite wind out of the south. I decided I was going fishing. I got the tackle ready to go and took the tarp off of the boat and tried to raise the motor with the tilt and trim and nothing. All it would do was click. I tried different things to get it to work. Nothing worked so I called the Dealer and he said it bring in the relays and he would check them. The big motor is down so I can't move the boat with it down. I took the relays in and they checked them and they worked so they said to try to raise the motor and tap on the tilt motor and see if it was just stuck.They said it might have some condensation in it and may just be stuck. Tried that and it started to work and then just fizzled out. I took the motor apart and it was full of water. Motor is shot. I took it in and they will see if they can fix it or have to replace it. So now I am waiting to hear from them whither they can fix it or not. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck EB, hope you get on the water soon. I guess you weren't into hand cranking huh.
    All lakes raise a foot when I step in the boat

Post Thanks / Like

There is no way to raise the big motor without the tilt and trim motor. Usually there is a relief valve on the cylinder but mine doesn't have one that will allow the big motor to be raised by hand. EB

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eager Beaver View Post
    There is no way to raise the big motor without the tilt and trim motor. Usually there is a relief valve on the cylinder but mine doesn't have one that will allow the big motor to be raised by hand. EB
    What make and model is your outboard?
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

It is a 1996 75 hp Force motor, Don. The dealer said this morning that they can't get parts for it anymore and have to put a whole new unit on for around $700.00. EB

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Beav, you have a PM
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

I read it Don, and thank you. I checked the internet and Craigslist and found quite a few of new and used ones. I will go get mine back from the dealer and get the numbers off from it so I can get the right one. EB

Post Thanks / Like

I found one on Craig's list and bought a new one from iboats.com. They was very friendly and helpful to make sure I got the right one for my motor. It should be here on Monday and I will find out if I got the right one or not. I bought the motor and reservoir for $269.99 and cost $277.14 with shipping cost.
    I want to thank DonG for his help in getting one. EB

Post Thanks / Like

Hey EB,
    Get that puppy pumping, I think the weather's been holding out for you. And I'd like some sunshine and warm water days. The calcium/Vit D thing is all outta whack.
    All lakes raise a foot when I step in the boat

Post Thanks / Like

Hey I am back in business again. I stopped this morning and got some hydralic fluid for the tilt n trim motor and it works better than it has for a long time. It is raining now for the next few days so will take it out Thursday and try it out and then will go Friday fishing. It will feel good to get back on the water again. Thanks for all the help getting me going again. EB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast