Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lucky Or Blessed?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lucky Or Blessed?

Cancelled work today about 1PM so I went up to the local Lodge for a couple of cold ones. A guy i know (not an avid fisherman by no meens) stopped by to show his catch. He had 9 slabs in a cooler, (if i'm fibbing may i never catch another crappie) the smallest one was right at 15 inches and the big one was just over 17. I about filled my pants, said he caught them in a pot hole off the Missouri. I'm telling ya, the guys fishin with an old Lew's Speed Stik bass rod and 10 bucks worth of tackle in a doggone gallon ziplok bag. I guess it's better to be lucky that good, at least that's what i'm telling myself. I guess everyone has one great day fishin. I'm lucky i did'nt catch those fish. I would have had to hocked something for what that mount would have cost...izzy

Post Thanks / Like

I believe i would follow him out to that pothole the next time he went out there.Someone with knowledge and the right tackle might have a day that dream's are made of.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Talking lucky or blessed

any old hog can find an acorn now and then.

Post Thanks / Like

You don't have to be an avid fisherman to catch fish.A little bit of "wisdom" will go along way.

Post Thanks / Like

Bugman, don't have to follow i'm drivin the first chance we get. He wants me to give him some tips on crappie fishing, told him from the looks of that catch he did'nt need no help. Stinkbait i use that old saying on myself most of the time. crappiequeennc, i guess it did'nt come out as i intended but that was the point i was trying to make. You don't have to be Wally Marshall to catch some dandy's...izzy