Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Canepole, been fishing?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Canepole, been fishing?

Hey Canepole, you go out any this weekend? Just wondering if you went out and found us some honey holes or do you have so many marked that we might just have to cull all day?

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I went, but I did not go

We went up to check things out at the lake, with intentions of doing some fishing. Winds were so strong that the Big Sandy River looked like the Big Sandy Ocean. lol...Did not try. Getting beat up by the wind is for the young or the more dedicated.

Yep, my maps look like they got zits. If we get lucky, we should be able to cull a few. If we don't get lucky, well, we are still blessed for having fishing as our chosen hobby.

Cane Pole
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

I can't argue with that. That is one reason i haven't been on the water all weekend. Did the yard cleanup, tree cutting, wood burning, grass cutting, clippings bagging thing all day Saturday. Then took the kids "spooking" last night. Just kinda sat around the house all day with no where to go and no where to be today. Kinda enjoyed it. Not often that i don't have anywhere to be or anywhere to go. Just kinda piddled with boat, called Jerry and pestered him a little then just sat around some more. I really enjoyed it and back to the grind tomorrow. Have two houses scheduled to be washed in the morning, come home and take a nap, then work all night. As for the zits, i like 'em. Thanks for the call the other night. I thought we would get along just fine. Take care. Talk soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Guys

I just about went up to Patoka this weekend but then the winds kicked up to 30mph and I decided that it would not be safe out on the lake with those high winds. So Saturday I stayed home and clean out my gutters and then cut my grass. Sunday (today) I drove across town to my mom's house and got up on her roof and used the gasoline powered leaf blower to clean out her gutters. I then washed her gutters and then cut her grass. Had to chop up some of the leaves that were on the yard so that I could see the grass again. There are still plenty of maple tree leaves still on the trees so I will have to repeat that job a few more times as the leave fall. Today was a great day to be out here. I drove by the Fish and Wildlife area and spoke to the DNR guy for a few minutes and ran into another crappie fisherman. He has found where the larger 11" crappie hang out. I took a ride with the DNR guy around the pit and he showed me a few spots to try. Next nice warm calmn day I will be there and try out those spots.

Canepole: have the crappie come into the shallows down there yet? Or are they still out on the drop offs in 15 to 20ft of water.

Does that section of KY Lake develop a thermocline? I would think that with the lake being used for power production that there would normally be a current that might stop a thermocline from developing. But I am not sure about that there for I am asking if anyone knows.

Are we all still on for staying at your summer place for the TeeZur Tournament?

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy
    I can't argue with that. That is one reason i haven't been on the water all weekend. Did the yard cleanup, tree cutting, wood burning, grass cutting, clippings bagging thing all day Saturday. Then took the kids "spooking" last night. Just kinda sat around the house all day with no where to go and no where to be today. Kinda enjoyed it. Not often that i don't have anywhere to be or anywhere to go. Just kinda piddled with boat, called Jerry and pestered him a little then just sat around some more. I really enjoyed it and back to the grind tomorrow. Have two houses scheduled to be washed in the morning, come home and take a nap, then work all night. As for the zits, i like 'em. Thanks for the call the other night. I thought we would get along just fine. Take care. Talk soon.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Default thermocline

I don't know much about thermoclines. I know they exist. I know a guy from Camden who harvests mussels for a living (mussel diver). He told me that parts of the river was cold as hell. I did not know how to take his message, but I guess that was the thermolcline he was talking about. The power production here is via steam turbines, which comes from coal fired boilers. I do not know much about it. Have not talked to the fish here lately to find out where they are hanging out, but my guess is they are scattered (as usual) this time of the year. Everything, as far as I know, is still on.

Cane Pole

Post Thanks / Like

Default Canepole

Are you guys going to fish on Thursday before the tournament? Or Friday? If you guys are going to be prefishing I would like to come down early and fish too. If not then I will be down there on Friday afternoon or before dark if I don't get lost on the way down. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    I don't know much about thermoclines. I know they exist. I know a guy from Camden who harvests mussels for a living (mussel diver). He told me that parts of the river was cold as hell. I did not know how to take his message, but I guess that was the thermolcline he was talking about. The power production here is via steam turbines, which comes from coal fired boilers. I do not know much about it. Have not talked to the fish here lately to find out where they are hanging out, but my guess is they are scattered (as usual) this time of the year. Everything, as far as I know, is still on.

Cane Pole
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nope

Crappiefarmer and I are going out this Sat (Nov 6) to check it out though. Pre fish if you wish to call it that. The weather forcast looks promising for the weekend. We are just going out hunting for fish.

Cane Pole