Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Jig boxes setup

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jig boxes setup

I'm new to the jig game. Been for the last month trying and figuring out the best possible way to organize my jig boxes. 6 boxes later I'm going with the Plano 3700. But, still trying to figure out the best way to organize. Thought this would be a good way to hear what works for you. Post pics of your boxes. Love to see how you organize your lead heads and jigs. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Gman
    We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing."

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use Plano also. One for jig heads. One for soft plastics. One for hand tied jigs. Each has been compartmentalized by color.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

I arrange by water color stained water in one plano 3700 clear water in one, Muddy water in one, hair jigs in one, stick tails in one, curlytails in one, beaver tails in one, I think you get the point lol....

Post Thanks / Like

I also have my jigs in plano 3700's. I have all of my tubes separated by color and water clarity. In that box I have two compartments with jig heads of different colors and weights. 1/16th mixed colors, and 1/32 mixed colors. So that If I am fishing stained water I can take out one box and have everthing I need to tie on jigs. The same goes for clear water. All of my hand tied jigs whether it be feather,hair, or what have you are also in a box by color and size. I have one box that is nothing but bobbers, beads, bobber stops, and minnow hooks so that If I am drowning minnows I can have one box laying on the deck. Another smaller box has my split shot, kentuck rigs, snelled hooks, and other misc. All of these bags will go into one bag and can be taken where ever very easily without having to carry two or three tackle bags.

I have a small bag with a couple of smaller plano boxes that it's sole purpose is bream and redear. set up the same way with everything I need to fish a certain way in one box.

Post Thanks / Like

I just have like 10 plano boxes full of jigs. Seperated in sizes and colors..

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with Jason on this one.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if you are aware of this, but do not store your jig heads in the same box as anything that has salt in it or added to it. The salt will cause your hooks to rust.

Post Thanks / Like

i always use a moisture eater of some kind and never use anything with salt added. I have realized that if i will take the time to cut cardboard and lay down under the dividers that it helps with moisture and keeps everything alittle tighter.

Post Thanks / Like

I use Altoids tins with foam inside. Either ripple or flat foam cut with pinking shears works. The tins fit nicely in my tackle box and a pocket if hiking to an out-of-the-way spot. Plus if (when) I drop the box they are easy to pick-up.