Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: What about Arkabutla?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What about Arkabutla?

Has anyone fished Arkabutla recently? went and checked it out last week and the water was low and didnt seem like the fish were in extremely shallow water yet, I fished at Sardis this weekend and caught 32 crappie fishing in waders and could only keep 4!, been fishin Sardis for years and have never had this problem...tryin to figure out where my best option is to go on Wednesday, catchin that many non- keeper crappie is kinda frustrating...startin to believe the guides that basically made a business out of Sardis this winter are gonna have the lake ruined in a few years, . Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

First of all, this post should be on the MS forum. Second, I am a guide who fishes Sardis and I don't appreciate the tone. I can guarantee that a dozen or so guides can't clean out an 80,000 + acre lake, but thanks for the vote of confidence. Third, it's called fishing! No one, not even guides can catch them everytime. If your goal is to catch a limit everytime out, you have picked the wrong hobby. Try having some patience and enjoy being out on the lake. Conditions are different each year, just because you caught them in a particular place one year doesn't mean you will catch them there the next. Try something different!

I see from your profile that you are a young fellow of 21 years. I guess you can't help being impatient, coming from the gotta have it now, instant gratification generation. I live 5 minutes from butla, and if you hadn't p'ed me off, I might have helped ya a bit.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

x2
    Pro Staff:
    Excel Boat (Meatgetter Edition)
    Crappieholic Apparel
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Ozark Rods

Please support these great companies!

Post Thanks / Like

im with feelay on this
    ADAPT OR DIE
    AND KEEP THE CHANGE-HANK JR.

Post Thanks / Like

My apologies my intentions are not to offend anyone that was just my opinion about it...I hate that people my age have a bad image of being impatient, ignorant, and whatever else, but at the same time, alot are so I cant say I blame you on that, and dont get me wrong, I definitely enjoy all time on the water and im blessed to even be able to have the opportunity to have a boat of my own and go at least once a week so im thankful for that, I was just wanting an opinion on whats going on with water level at arkabutla but I will try my luck and see what happens

Post Thanks / Like

The water level at butla is normal for this time of the year it is a coe flood management lake at current time it is still at winter level 212. The spillway closes May 1 at which time they will let it fill to 220 summer pool.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

oh and btw. there no 4 lbers left in butla. mr. jim did off with those a long time ago..
    ADAPT OR DIE
    AND KEEP THE CHANGE-HANK JR.