Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 7 yr old girl catches limit

Post Thanks / Like

Default 7 yr old girl catches limit

Guys, we had one of "those days" saturday morning.

My oldest girl Bree, 12 had a birthday on Friday. For her party, her mother (we're no longer married) took her to the LSU Spring game on Saturday with a few friends. My 12 year old didn't want her little sister Brooke (7) tagging along, and I understand. Brooke didn't. So, I promised her she and I would go fishing Saturday morning and that took the sting out of her disapointment on missing the "party".

Up at 5:00 am, drove 30 miles to the 100 acre gravel pit I've fished for years. Launched the little flat at the crack of dawn with 60 minners and a zebco 33.

Pull up to the first hole which is a gravel / sand hump with an old tree submerged in about 6 or 7 ft of water with 15ft of water all around the hump.

Bait the hook, set it 4ft deep, toss it in and hand her the rod. I turned to her to give her instructions, bloop, cork GONE! She reals in a 1lb crappie. BAM! We're off to a good start. My father in law (87) lives with us and has for a year. Poor health had sent him to the hospital the morning before and she wanted to catch enough to fry him some fish, his favorite, when he got home.

The next minnow thrown in, was eaten before the cork stopped moving. "That's two for paw paw" she smiled.

Guys, this continued for TWO HOURS! Out of 60 minnows, we came home with 50 crappie, the limit. We never left that one spot and we left em biting. It was unreal!

Her biggest was 1.10oz, a white. The rest were 3/4lb or BIGGER! NO DINKS! ALL GOOD FISH! I was so proud....and STUNNED at the bite that was on in front of my face. I never picked up a pole, it was so much fun watching her.

After we caught about 25 or 30 she said, " can I take a break and eat my snack?"
    The statement caught me off guard and i wanted to say " are you NUTS@!" This NEVER happens girl! They are gonna shut off like a switch in a minute, we'll eat then! They never did. They bit till we ran out of minnows, at which time we drifted in the wind and ate brownies and laughed about tricking mommy into thinking we didn't catch any till we got home and said BOOYAH! Look at that ice chest! LOL!

One of the best, if not THE best time I ever had catching crappie and didn't catch a fish!

Had to share, sorry if it's a little mushy. I dont care, if you got kids, you'll get it.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Post Thanks / Like

I get that Kman!!!! Got a 9 yr old that loves to catch a slab or two. nice pics got a few of my own with the little one sleeping in the passenger seat.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic!!!!
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Now it can't get any better then that. A memory that will live in the 2 of you for eternity. Way to go.
    It is not about the equipment you have to use,
    It is about how you use the equipment you have. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Thats better than any game right there. That 4th pic says it all, plum tuckered out and smiling in her sleep. Awesome job!!!! And Paw Paw will be proud to eat them.

Post Thanks / Like

That's really cool, good on ya both.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Kman and to her for catchn some real nice fish
    Memories that will last a life time

Post Thanks / Like

That is what memories are made of. The only thing better would have been to have it on video. Great job Kman. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome!

Post Thanks / Like

She's got the bug now. Bet you can't keep her away from the water now. Good job for not stealing her thunder and getting another into the sport. My daughter and her friend are addicted to say the least, can't wait for the bite to pick up here in a week or so.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast