Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: LOZ - Ups, Downs, and Shout Outs

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOZ - Ups, Downs, and Shout Outs

Before I report, I want to say a public thanks to both Mo Qwack and Bugman. I ordered some of Mo's secret baits :D from his last week and he got them in the mail to me without worrying about getting paid up front and they arrived 15 minutes before I walked out of the door to head to the lake! Thanks again Mo!

Bugman, I appreciate the advice on the area to work and trust me we would have headed that way on Saturday, but after you read this report, you'll understand. Thanks again for such a quick reply and hope your next Miss. trip is a smoker!

Ok, as for LOZ, here goes..........started out Friday morning fishing docks and submerged brush around the 6 mm, I picked up 1 green fish and that was it. Something didn't feel right about the area. Water temp was chilly and crystal clear....no fish to be had and I called a move quick. As a Twain fisherman, I feel much more at home in the mud.

Decided what the heck, let's make a run........... ALL THE WAY back in the Gravois. Found 58 degree water (which warmed to 65 by days end) and it was game on after that. If you found the banks with a nice grade to them and some brush, it was fish on. The males aren't quite on the banks, about 3-4 feet off in some places tight to cover. My two bud's jig/corked while I tightlined for the females..........black/chart, red/chart, white/chart all produced. I went with a Bugman suggestion and fished half the day Friday with a blue/pearl and they ate it up.......even the drum (landed 5 of those). We filled our limit of 45 with all 11" fish or over.

That was the up.........now for the down.

Buddy and I woke up at 6 bells Sat. morning preparing for an awesome day on the water.....long story short, we got down to the dock and noticed the boat was sitting low. Got in, opened up some storage lockers and the entire bottom of the boat was full of water. Got the kicker motor fired up (batteries were smoked) after we jumped the motor from his pleasure rig and got it on the trailer literally minutes before it sunk. Had we not decided to wake up and hit the water early......it would have been over. Needless to say, no fishing the rest of the weekend, just sat on the dock and looked at the water.

So...........fishing is great, when you can get on the water!

U

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Stinks about the boat, what was it? At least you got one good day.

Post Thanks / Like

Boat is a 20 ft. PolarKraft with a 225 Yamaha 4 stroke on the back and a 10 hp kicker for trollin cranks and what not............it would have been a really, really bad deal. It's my buddy's baby.

U

Post Thanks / Like

son of a gun son what a bummer, so question did you find out why the boat took on water, hope it is an easy fix. darn the luck, well one day of good fishing is a plus, good luck on the boat.

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I wasn't clear, I was wondering what the issue was or do you know yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Not yet guys......... buddy has it in the shop as we speak, so we should know something. Darn thing ran great and didn't miss a beat all day.....

Hope it's not too bad for him.

U