Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Smithville or Watkins? Anyone Fishing?

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville or Watkins? Anyone Fishing?

I myself have not got out lately with the mowing, landscaping the house, wind, rain and any other excuse I can think of, but someone is getting out and I just want to read a report.

Took the scooter for a ride Saturday and there were a lot of boats on Watkins so let’s hear it.

Post Thanks / Like

I hear the zebra muscles are eating all the crappie at Smithville. :D
    Progressive Marine Insurance SUCKS!. If you hit a submerged object they will try to prove manufacturers defect....stay away from them.

Post Thanks / Like

I fished LP docks at Smithville yesterday morning. Caught 12 keepers from 10-11.5. The bite was slow for sure and they wanted the bait dead still for some reason. The first hour of daylight was by FAR the best. Fish were in 16' and 5' down to start then got deeper and less active after.

Post Thanks / Like

went up for a few hours on Sat. Headed up the river. Only managed 2 keepers..... Fish were schooled up nice just not biting to much..... Water temps were around 57.7 Should not be long now for it to pick up a bit. Lake is still LOW so becareful

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been out since last Wednesday and we caught absolutely nuttin. The only person we saw catching anything was a guy over at LP who was literally laying his pole down on the dock ... now that's dead stickin'!!!! But, he did catch a few. I'm ready for them to be just a bit more active. I guess when it gets warm and nice and I'm caught up on my yardwork, I'm ready to go catchin instead of fishin, if you know what I mean!!!!

I heard all the Harley traffic around the lake was scaring the fish.....I'm just sayin!!!!
    I believe in catch and release.....right into the grease!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Got skunked at Smithville friday after work . I drove through Watkins Mill SP yesterday with the wife and didn't see a boat on the lake at mid day . It was windy out though . I might try my luck tomorrow .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    That could be but how would you know ,have you taking you wife out on Smithville I hear she can catch crappie!
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by got crappie View Post
    That could be but how would you know ,have you taking you wife out on Smithville I hear she can catch crappie!
    Heck no....she knows Truman is the place for catchin' right now. Even when she can't go...the truck even knows to go south.Thumbs Up
    Progressive Marine Insurance SUCKS!. If you hit a submerged object they will try to prove manufacturers defect....stay away from them.

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    I hope so that way I can get back to bass fishin, crappie are no fun!:rolleyes:

What site am I on?

I guess from the lack of reports or at least good reports I'll keep away for a while longer.

Post Thanks / Like

Heck you should know by now that theres not much going on no reports from Rodney or Alex.
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast