Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bobber Stops

Post Thanks / Like

Question Bobber Stops

Does anyone know of a good bobber stop to use while using a slip cork?

The ones that I have(on a small plastic tube, pull both ends to tighten on your line) slip down the line when you catch a fish. You cannot keep them at the proper depth. I thought about using a drop of crazy glue or something like that, but I don't know if you could break it a loose when you need to change depths.

Any ideas? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Just pull it real tight on both sides...... Iv had no problems.

Post Thanks / Like

I just use a 6" piece of 17-20# mono. Tie a uniknot out of it on the main line and that way you can slip it up and donw to adjust he depth. Make sure you trim the tag ends to 1/4 inch or so.
    ***There has to be a fish somewhere needing to be caught!***

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hogdaddy View Post
    Does anyone know of a good bobber stop to use while using a slip cork?

The ones that I have(on a small plastic tube, pull both ends to tighten on your line) slip down the line when you catch a fish. You cannot keep them at the proper depth. I thought about using a drop of crazy glue or something like that, but I don't know if you could break it a loose when you need to change depths.

Any ideas? Thanks
    You're not pulling hard enough when you snug up the bobber stop cord. I use the same style on braided line, and I have had the same stop on it for about three months. It still stays where I put it. I imagine it will stay on there until I break the line.
    Don't worry, catch crappie.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use the little rubber ones from bass pro. Never had a problem. They also come through guide better.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by arkansaskiller View Post
    Just pull it real tight on both sides...... Iv had no problems.
    I agree. I've used these stops for years with no problem - regardless of what kind of line I'm using.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

I use dental floss.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The dental floss knot is in the sticky at the top of this forum. Look for the thread knots and setups for beginners.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

I have always used the rubber band method. Must be a dinosaur cause never hear anyone else use them. Rubber bands are always ready available and if it does come off well, easy to put back on without cutting line.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with the original poster, I think you guys are LYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL! Just kiddin, but man, NOTHING stays still. Ive used rubber bands and pulled till they break, ive used the little strings that comes with the bobbers and pulled them as tight as they can be pulled. They stay fine untill the FIRST time....not the 3rd or 4th, the FIRST time you real the stopper thru the rod tips or guides, (which is the WHOLE POINT of having a stopper so you can do that) it just sliiiiiiiiides down the line. I have never once...not once....successfully fished with a bobber stopper that could be realed past the rod tip...never. I chalked them up to being a myth like unicorns and fairy dust.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast