Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: No tail movement in Vicious 2" curl-tail grub

Post Thanks / Like

Default No tail movement in Vicious 2" curl-tail grub

Since I was the one who let folks here know that Vicious products are being sold at Wal-Mart, I thought I'd better share with you what I just learned. I tried using the 2" curl-tail grub with a blue body and white tail this afternoon. Had it on a 1/32 oz painted ball head jig with a barbed lead collar. The tail would not swim--not at a slow retrieve, not even at an accelerated retrieve faster than I would use for crappies. The tail is just too darned thick and stiff to swim. Maybe it would work with an eighth-ounce head and snapped retrieves, but that's not how I fish crappie grubs. Sorry if I steered anybody wrong on these. I didn't try the solid-body tubes, but still figure those would work.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by split handle View Post
    Maybe it would work with an eighth-ounce head and snapped retrieves.
    Yeah, some plastics need a heavy head to work right. Looks like you found one of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Take a razor blade & split the tail into two tails, maybe a 1/3 or 1/2 way in from tail, you should now get some action, may be trial & error how far to split but usually all the way is no good either, I sometimes split a tail to vary action sometimes makes a difference other times u still catch--ya a skunk....:D
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

That's a problem with most of the imported China made plastics, no action due to type of plastisol they use. Another bit of info, Johnson Beetle Spins are now made in China also. The plastic on them is of a much lower standard compared to what they used to be.