Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Full Moon ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Full Moon ?

Hey Guys.....

How many of You believe that a full moon has an effect on the way the crappie bite?

I know a few avid fisherman that say the fishing is better a day or 2 before, during and after a full moon.

Opinions ???
    Do you keep a Lunar Calander on hand ???

Beth

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beth_Stout
    Hey Guys.....

How many of You believe that a full moon has an effect on the way the crappie bite?

I know a few avid fisherman that say the fishing is better a day or 2 before, during and after a full moon.

Opinions ???
    Do you keep a Lunar Calander on hand ???

Beth
    Definitely! I time my fishing trips around the moon phase, best fishing times and a check of the barometer. And my fishing logs show most of my biggest fish have been caught around a full or new moon. Yes! calendar and barometer. And keep a fishing log, invaluable info on past fishing trips. Dave.

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Moons

I Fish When Ever I Can---do Think Moon Phases Work

Having Lots Of Moons In My Life [ha] For Sure If You Are Going To Have Bad Weather It Will Be On The Full Moon
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I'm like Frank. I do try to fish around a full moon when possible. Barometric pressure is something I look at also but the main thing I pay very close attention to is the wind gauge. The wind is critical to me whether or not I go out.
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

Post Thanks / Like

I too beleive the moon phases and barometer have an effect on the fish!!I fish regardless but have found some of my best days relate to the above.
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

I fish when I can also but I do plan my vacation days around the full moon
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

2 days before and 2 days after the full moon. Usually I get better fish up to 4 days after a full moon. New moon the same thing, but I don't not go fishing because the moon ain't right. When I plain a big fishing trip or excursion I always try to plan it around the moon. The barometer is also a factor, but the lesser of the two in my planning. Mainly because it changes so rapidly and weather forecast are always off. This is what I feel comfortable with. Happy fish'n... bumpers...
    This only my opinion, but nothing you can say will change my mind. That makes it a FACT.

Today is a Blessed Day and a Prosperous Day

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stumpbumpers
    2 days before and 2 days after the full moon. Usually I get better fish up to 4 days after a full moon. New moon the same thing, but I don't not go fishing because the moon ain't right. When I plain a big fishing trip or excursion I always try to plan it around the moon. The barometer is also a factor, but the lesser of the two in my planning. Mainly because it changes so rapidly and weather forecast are always off. This is what I feel comfortable with. Happy fish'n... bumpers...
    I agree, also when I can get away from work...LOL...
    "May Your Fishing Dreams Come True"

Fish Detective

Post Thanks / Like

definately has an effect, normally positive

Post Thanks / Like

I definitely pay attention to the moon. Position is the most important, best fishing when moon is directly overhead or on the opposite side of earth. Minor fishing times are moonrise and moonset.

A bad day of fishing
    beats a good day at work.

Jerry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast