Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Wappapello Limit

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wappapello Limit

Went to Wappapello on friday and scrapped out a limit. All were caught in 6-7 fow about 3 feet down. Lime/chartreuse and blue/chartreuse seemed to work best but caught fish on several colors. Had to be moving though, they didn't want it sitting still. Water temp when I quit was 65-66 and I saw a ton of people pounding the bank, but never heard any reports of fish on the bank. Judging from the females I cleaned I would say they were still 7-10 days away. Although there will probably be a ton of little males hit the bank any day.

Post Thanks / Like

nice report from swampeast mo. driven by that lake a time or two, but never stopped, congrats on the great day and many more.

Post Thanks / Like

I could only manage ten keepers yesterday, from 3-9 fow. Best area was breakline from 5' into 7'. I struggled for keepers myself. A guy I know took out the same time I did, said he had his limit with a few good fish (one at 1.8) I bet I caught a hunnert shorts or more (I have no idea, a bunch), and WORE OUT a doz tubes. Calling for winds today that I don't wanna deal with. I caught a number of darkened males and very few good females. I thought I could have found some females in shallow stump fields or at a nearby break, but if they were there they weren't biting. I backtracked to the next break and found a few, but was slow. All colors produced. I was using a RF rig and could see the weight a lot of times. Same as you dux, moving. Was that you I waved at yesterday to the west of the area last time we saw each other?

No reports of fish on the bank here either. I wanted to do some single poling, but all my spots are dry.

Post Thanks / Like

l
    Last edited by earlunde; 04-10-2011 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Duplicate

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the fish and the excellent report. I must be a fair weather fisherman as its been too windy and rainy for me. Hope to go Tuesday will give a report following trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by talltimber View Post
    I could only manage ten keepers yesterday, from 3-9 fow. Best area was breakline from 5' into 7'. I struggled for keepers myself. A guy I know took out the same time I did, said he had his limit with a few good fish (one at 1.8) I bet I caught a hunnert shorts or more (I have no idea, a bunch), and WORE OUT a doz tubes. Calling for winds today that I don't wanna deal with. I caught a number of darkened males and very few good females. I thought I could have found some females in shallow stump fields or at a nearby break, but if they were there they weren't biting. I backtracked to the next break and found a few, but was slow. All colors produced. I was using a RF rig and could see the weight a lot of times. Same as you dux, moving. Was that you I waved at yesterday to the west of the area last time we saw each other?

No reports of fish on the bank here either. I wanted to do some single poling, but all my spots are dry.
    Didn't fish on saturday, and way too windy today. Caught all my fish in that same area I saw you at last week. I had several good females, 10 went over 1lb. with the biggest at 1.5lbs. There was so many people that came and went in that area throughout the day, but I stuck with them. The bite seemed a little better in the afternoon. I would say that I probably caught over 200 fish easy. Tons and tons of shorts, but man they would hit it like a ton of bricks. Seemed like I would only catch about half the ones that bit.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats guys on the fish, I didnt get out this weekend to the lake but did fish a conservation area Friday and done quit well

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report. Good job.
    Team Double D - " We're not famous, but we should be."

Post Thanks / Like

I hear you dux. I started out there but it was so slow, except for the dinks. I missed a LOT of fish too. Missed them, sling them, flip them, come unhooked. The ones I did catch were hooked deep, very few just barely hooked. I don't know what the deal was. Either they wanted it, or was lipping it only. No half way.